[comp.text.tex] How do you download from science.utah ?

simpson@maxwell.waterloo.edu (Simpson KF Lam) (06/04/90)

Is there anybody out there who know how to download
those TeX dvi drivers from either science.utah or
power.eee.ndsu.nodak sites? I ftp to those sites but
I can't change directory and my dir command shows
files only. My ftp works on most of the sites I know
but these two just not working and I really would
like to get a dvi viewer for my PC. (I am using SBTEX,
the package doesn't inlude a viewer and I have trouble
getting onto simtel site.) Any help will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

                             simpson@maxwell.waterloo.edu

smg@eedsp.eedsp.gatech.edu (Stephen McGrath) (06/15/90)

In article <1990Jun4.150953.11795@sunee.waterloo.edu> simpson@maxwell.waterloo.edu (Simpson KF Lam) writes:
>Is there anybody out there who know how to download
>those TeX dvi drivers from either science.utah or
>power.eee.ndsu.nodak sites?
>   ...I really would
>like to get a dvi viewer for my PC. (I am using SBTEX,
>the package doesn't inlude a viewer and I have trouble
>getting onto simtel site.) Any help will be greatly
>appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The science.utah drivers are available in source and executable format
at eedsp.gatech.edu (128.61.2.1). cd to pub/TeX; this directory
contains, in subdirectories, dvi drivers, fonts, tfms, sbtex (versions
29 and 30), bibtex, and a large selection of macros and style files.
Subdirectory em_mf has Eberhard Mattes' metafont and mfware (the
main source for emtex in the USA is terminator.cc.umich.edu).

The drivers are in subdirectory dvidrvrs; unless you already have
fonts, you will need to download these from the fonts subdirectory also.
There is a vga/ega screen previewer in the archive dvi_vga.zoo in
the dvidrvrs directory.

-Stephen
--
Stephen McGrath                        School of Electrical Engineering,
smg@eedsp.gatech.edu                   Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332