[comp.text.tex] Metafont Old English???

melvin@amun.cgd.ucar.edu (06/30/90)

Does anyone know of a metafont definition for Mediaeval/Old English
style characters?  I'd settle for pk formats in a few sizes, but I'd prefer
the source.

	- Lee

PS - Tengwar is interesting but I'm not enough of a Tolkien buff to
	learn the language.

--
/~~~ melvin@ncar.ucar.edu,melvin@snoopy.colorado.edu,melvin@boulder.bitnet ~~~\
| Lee Melvin | _Total Recall_ - Arnold Schwartzenegger, Sharon Stone, ILM, \| |

amanda@mermaid.intercon.com (Amanda Walker) (06/30/90)

In article <7831@ncar.ucar.edu>, melvin@amun.cgd.ucar.edu writes:
> Does anyone know of a metafont definition for Mediaeval/Old English
> style characters?  I'd settle for pk formats in a few sizes, but I'd prefer
> the source.

Euler Fraktur is a quite nice German-style gothic face.  It's available
from the AMS or via anonymous FTP from most of the standard TeX FTP sites.
I don't think source is available, though.

--
Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation