[comp.text.tex] PicTeX documents

ychen@water.waterloo.edu (Youyi Chen) (06/30/90)

Can anybody tell me how to get PiCTeX's manual?
I ftped the package from june.cs.washington.edu, but it
contains only a few pages of document.

jwwalker@usceast.UUCP (Jim Walker) (06/30/90)

You can't get the PiCTeX manual electronically, you have to buy it from the
TeX Users Group.  Their phone number is (401) 751-7760.
--

   Jim Walker  jwwalker@cs.scarolina.edu  76367.2271@compuserve.com

dhosek@sif.claremont.edu (Hosek, Donald A.) (07/01/90)

In article <1990Jun29.230419.10392@water.waterloo.edu>, ychen@water.waterloo.edu (Youyi Chen) writes...
>Can anybody tell me how to get PiCTeX's manual?
>I ftped the package from june.cs.washington.edu, but it
>contains only a few pages of document.

That's because the PiCTeX manual costs money. It can be purchased
from the TeX Users Group:
  P.O. Box 9506
  Providence, RI 02940
  401-751-7760
  tug@math.ams.com
The cost for the manual is $45.

-dh

(was I polite enough this time?)

---
Don Hosek                         TeX, LaTeX, and Metafont Consulting and
dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu         production work. Free Estimates.
dhosek@ymir.bitnet
uunet!jarthur!ymir                Phone: 714-625-0147

jwwalker@usceast.UUCP (Jim Walker) (07/01/90)

In article <7682@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> dhosek@sif.claremont.edu writes:
[stuff deleted]
>The cost for the manual is $45.

Correction: the cost for the manual, plus software on 5.25" floppy, is $35.
I believe you can get the manual alone for a little less, probably $30.

--

   Jim Walker  jwwalker@cs.scarolina.edu  76367.2271@compuserve.com

smagt@fwi.uva.nl (Patrick van der Smagt) (07/02/90)

In article <1990Jun29.230419.10392@water.waterloo.edu> ychen@water.waterloo.edu (Youyi Chen) writes:
>Can anybody tell me how to get PiCTeX's manual?
>I ftped the package from june.cs.washington.edu, but it
>contains only a few pages of document.

The PiCTeX manual is not free, but can be obtained from TUG at $30
(without software) or $35 (with an IBM floppy), postage & handling
included.

Patrick van der Smagt