[net.music] 4x Nights in White Satin

nax@cornell.UUCP (07/29/85)

From: nax (Nax-Paul)

Hi!
	I recall a n-tuple-time remake of "Nights in White Satin"
that was an excellent send-up. But who was the group? Help!

	Wonder if Kate has had cover versions -- Oh no! Now I've done it!
	nax		cornell!nax

todd@SCIRTP.UUCP (Todd Jones) (08/03/85)

> From: nax (Nax-Paul)
>

> Hi!
> 	I recall a n-tuple-time remake of "Nights in White Satin"
> that was an excellent send-up. But who was the group? Help!
>
> 	Wonder if Kate has had cover versions -- Oh no! Now I've done it!
> 	nax		cornell!nax

If I'm not mistaken Nights in White Satin was done in a
commercial but punkesque fashion in 1979 by The Dickies.
I think it's on the album, The Incredible Shrinking Dickies.
They also did a version of Silent Night which is so apalling
and sacreligious I loved it, but only the first couple of
times I heard it.

   ||   ||
   [ O-O ]       Todd Jones
    \ ^ /        {decvax,akgua}!mcnc!rti-sel!scirtp!todd
    | ~ |
    |___|        SCI Systems Inc. doesn't necessarily agree with Todd.

chrisb@haddock.UUCP (08/05/85)

It was the Dickies, I believe.

rob@ctvax (08/05/85)

The disco version of "Nights in White Satin" was done by
Panama on the album "Fire".  I think it's been deleted.
Does anyone have a copy they could tape for me?

Rob Spray
...convex!ctvax!rob
rob.ct@csnet-relay