[comp.text.tex] verbatimfile.sty

rdb@aipna.ed.ac.uk (Richard Barnett) (07/20/90)

i will soon find useful such a style file, supplying some command
\verbatimfile{<filename>} which typesets the file <filename> in
\verbatim mode.

i know that versions have been floating around, and foolishly
neglected to save them.

could anyone point me to a mail-server site from which i could
retrieve such an entity?

cheers

-- richard

richard barnett  --  rdb@uk.ac.ed.aipna  --  the architect of a belly
msc student    ---    department of ai    ---    edinburgh university

dhosek@sif.claremont.edu (Hosek, Donald A.) (07/21/90)

In article <RDB.90Jul20110711@alder.aipna.ed.ac.uk>, rdb@aipna.ed.ac.uk (Richard Barnett) writes...

>i will soon find useful such a style file, supplying some command
>\verbatimfile{<filename>} which typesets the file <filename> in
>\verbatim mode.

>i know that versions have been floating around, and foolishly
>neglected to save them.

>could anyone point me to a mail-server site from which i could
>retrieve such an entity?

Rainer Schoepf's verbatim.sty provides a \verbatiminput command
that works quite well. I recommend this particularly because it
will be an official part of LaTeX in the future. Being in the UK,
you'll want to get it from the Aston archive (one of the UK
people ought to be able to direct you to it).

US people can FTP the files from ymir.claremont.edu (get the file
[anonymous.tex.inputs.latex-mainz]verbatim.readme to see what
files are necessary); mailserv access is also available (send the
command
  SEND [TEX.INPUTS.LATEX-MAINZ]VERBATIM.README
to find out which files to request).

-dh

---
Don Hosek                         TeX, LaTeX, and Metafont Consulting and
dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu         production work. Free Estimates.
dhosek@ymir.bitnet
uunet!jarthur!ymir                Phone: 714-625-0147

spqr@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Sebastian Rahtz) (07/22/90)

In article <7890@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> dhosek@sif.claremont.edu (Hosek, Donald A.) writes:

   Rainer Schoepf's verbatim.sty provides a \verbatiminput command
   that works quite well. I recommend this particularly because it
   will be an official part of LaTeX in the future. Being in the UK,
   you'll want to get it from the Aston archive (one of the UK
   people ought to be able to direct you to it).

there are the files:

Directory $1$DUA19:[TEX-ARCHIVE.LATEX.STYLES.VERBATIM]

00FILES.TXT;2       DOCSTRIP.CMD;2      DOCSTRIP.TEX;1      README.MZ4;1
VERBATIM.DOC;1      VERBATIM.TEX;1      VERBTEST.TEX;1      VERBTEST.TST;1

on uk.ac.aston.tex, username public, password public

sebastian

PS Since Don is incredibly efficient at answering this sort of
question, and since the questioners are usually USA-based, I usually
don't bother to point out that the software is also at Aston. Please
take it as read that 99% of the files/packages mentioned in this
newsgroup are at Aston, and we will happily put anything new in there
as well.

--
Sebastian Rahtz                        S.Rahtz@uk.ac.soton.ecs (JANET)
Computer Science                       S.Rahtz@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Bitnet)