[comp.text.tex] LN03 plus printer..... more problems using dviln3...

viswanat@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Viswanath) (08/01/90)

Hi TeXnicians,

I am trying to use dviln3 to convert dvi files to ln3 files to print on
my LN03 plus printer. In response to my previous message, I was informed
that I had a memory problem and that I could try printing one page at a
time. But I soon reached the memory limit and could'nt print even one page
which had a lot of fonts. So went ahead and ordered a LN03X-CR ram.

It still does'nt work....(the limit has not gone up at all..).

I would appreciate if someone could give me some suggestions..

Viswanathan Narayanan

fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (08/06/90)

In article <4101@rodan.acs.syr.edu>, viswanat@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Viswanath) writes:
> Hi TeXnicians,
>
> I am trying to use dviln3 to convert dvi files to ln3 files to print on
> my LN03 plus printer. In response to my previous message, I was informed
> that I had a memory problem and that I could try printing one page at a
> time. But I soon reached the memory limit and could'nt print even one page
> which had a lot of fonts. So went ahead and ordered a LN03X-CR ram.
>
> It still does'nt work....(the limit has not gone up at all..).
>
> I would appreciate if someone could give me some suggestions..

	I am on a VAX running VMS and I had the same problem.  I got hold of
DVItoLN03 by B. Hamilton Kelly and it solved my problems.  I had a very complex
page and the LN03 kept giving me errors but I can't remember what the number
was.  It was something about error in font download.  DVItoLN03 fixed it!

-Earle
Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
Internet: fac2%dayton.saic.com@uunet.uu.net    uucp: dayvb!fac2