[comp.text.tex] fonts and Xerox 8700

mdeck@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Mary Deck) (08/09/90)

I'm trying to re-build fonts for our Xerox 8700 laser printer.  I
started with some information which was included in our TeXrox
distribution; Tom Reid supplied "fillin" and "blacker" values for
quite a few of the CM fonts, because they look tons better with
font-specific values (as opposed to mode-specific values).  Problem
is, I have nothing to go on for the rest of the CM fonts, or the
LaTeX, SliTex, and AMS fonts, and I really don't have the time or
inclination to try different values until I get something I like.  (To
give you some idea, Tom's values for "blacker" range from -0.05 to
0.75, in increments of 0.01....)  Does anybody have any such values?
Thanks loads!!!

					....Mary
--
Mary M. Deck,  Student Assistant, Software Development
University Computing Services, State University of New York at Buffalo

mdeck@acsu.buffalo.edu (Mary Deck) (08/10/90)

In article <32434@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> mdeck@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (I) wrote:

>I'm trying to re-build fonts for our Xerox 8700 laser printer.

'blacker' and 'fillin' values for an LPS40 laser printer would also
do.  We have both, and they come out the same on both printers.

					.....Mary