[comp.text.tex] wp2latex source posting

glenn@suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (08/08/90)

Hi,
	I've been swamped with requests for the C version of wp2latex. Our
mail bill would triple overnight if I sent everyone the source :-). I will
post it to alt.sources and/or comp.text.tex. I imagine that source postings
to comp.text.tex are verboten. Could someone (Don Hosek?) clue me in on this
point?

All up it would amount to ~250kb (Docs, source, support library, &c). I have
recieved nigh on 40 requests. I know that's not a lot but that's 10 per day
not to mention the shy people :-)

			Overwhelmed,
				Glenn
--
Glenn Geers                       | "So when it's over, we're back to people.
Department of Theoretical Physics |  Just to prove that human touch can have

dhosek@sif.claremont.edu (Hosek, Donald A.) (08/09/90)

In article <1990Aug8.082755.5607@metro.ucc.su.OZ.AU>, glenn@suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU writes...
>	I've been swamped with requests for the C version of wp2latex. Our
>mail bill would triple overnight if I sent everyone the source :-). I will
>post it to alt.sources and/or comp.text.tex. I imagine that source postings
>to comp.text.tex are verboten. Could someone (Don Hosek?) clue me in on this
>point?

>All up it would amount to ~250kb (Docs, source, support library, &c). I have
>recieved nigh on 40 requests. I know that's not a lot but that's 10 per day
>not to mention the shy people :-)

Well, as I posted earlier, wp2latex is available for anonymous FTP
from ymir.claremont.edu in [anonymous.tex.ibm_pc.front_ends.wp2latex]
(I just *love* deep directory trees ;-)

BUT, you might say, I don't have anonymous FTP!

Well, all non-binary files available for FTP are also available
mailserv@from ymir.claremont.edu. If you know the filename all you
have to do is chop off the anonymous part of the directory and send a
message with the command SEND filename. For example, if you wanted to
get lplain.tex from [anonymous.tex.inputs.latex], you would send the
command
SEND [TEX.INPUTS.LATEX]LPLAIN.TEX
to mailserv@ymir.claremont.edu (case doesn't matter, btw)
If you know the directory but not the file(s) as is the case above,
ask for 00readme.txt in that directory. If it doesn't exist, let me
know and I'll make it. The 00readme.txt file will tell you what files
are there and what they are (and if I'm on the ball, it will indicate
whether a file is binary or not).

-dh

---
Don Hosek                       TeX, LaTeX, and Metafont support, consulting
dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu       installation and production work.
dhosek@ymir.bitnet              Free Estimates.
uunet!jarthur!ymir              Phone: 714-625-0147
                                finger dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu for more info

spqr@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Sebastian Rahtz) (08/13/90)

In article <1990Aug8.082755.5607@metro.ucc.su.OZ.AU> glenn@suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU writes:

   post it to alt.sources and/or comp.text.tex. I imagine that source postings
   to comp.text.tex are verboten. Could someone (Don Hosek?) clue me in on this
*PLEASE* lets keep comp.text.tex free of major source postings.
alt.sources is fine.

UK readers may note that Glenn's wp2latex source is available in the
UK TeX archive under [tex-archive.utils.wp2latex].

sebastian
--
Sebastian Rahtz                        S.Rahtz@uk.ac.soton.ecs (JANET)
Computer Science                       S.Rahtz@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Bitnet)