[comp.text.tex] Help! Laser Jet Driver and Fonts for Landscape printing.

ndeng@EULER.BERKELEY.EDU (08/02/90)

Hi TeX Landers,
I am in urgent need to printout some big matrices and need landscape printing.
But I couldn't find any laser printer driver nor any fonts for it. Can somebody
give me a pointer? I read from UKTeX Digest (V90#24) that there might be a
driver in "em-tex" package could do landscape printer, but don't know what
"em-tex" really is, nor where I can ftp it.

Any hint will be highly appreciated. Please reply to this account, since I
do not read the net often. If the messages are of general interest, I'll post
a summary.

Mike N. Deng
ndeng@euler.berkeley.edu

wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen) (08/02/90)

In article <9008011843.AA00870@euler.Berkeley.EDU> ndeng@EULER.BERKELEY.EDU writes:

>Hi TeX Landers,
>I am in urgent need to printout some big matrices and need landscape printing.
>But I couldn't find any laser printer driver nor any fonts for it. Can somebody
>give me a pointer? I read from UKTeX Digest (V90#24) that there might be a
>driver in "em-tex" package could do landscape printer, but don't know what
>"em-tex" really is, nor where I can ftp it.
>
>Any hint will be highly appreciated. Please reply to this account, since I
>do not read the net often. If the messages are of general interest, I'll post
>a summary.

Perhaps this should be an item on the list with STANDARD questions (Don?)

EmTeX is a TeX package for MsDos systems written by Ebenhard Mattes.
It's a very good implementation running Tex, LateX, MetaFont, previewer,
and several printer drivers. An extra feature is TeXCad, it makes LaTeX
drawings.

The drivers make it possible
 - 	to have LaTeX lines at all angles.
 -	Rotate and mirror the pages in different modes, using the standard
	fonts.
 -	Include bitmapped drawings in special format (Microsoft??)

The disadvantage used to be that it had german manuals. But it seems that
this is fixed.

If you want the package through FTP, try terminator.cc.umich.edu.
But I don't know where the English manuals can be found.
(Currently it's also on eba.eb.ele.tue.nl(131.155.2.25) for Europe)

Regards,

	Willem Jan Withagen

Eindhoven University of Technology   DomainName:  wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl
Digital Systems Group, Room EH 10.10 BITNET: ELEBWJ@HEITUE5.BITNET
P.O. 513                             Tel: +31-40-473401
5600 MB Eindhoven
The Netherlands

spqr@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Sebastian Rahtz) (08/13/90)

In article <563@eba.eb.ele.tue.nl> wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen) writes:

   EmTeX is a TeX package for MsDos systems written by Ebenhard
Eberhard

   The drivers make it possible
    - 	to have LaTeX lines at all angles.
    -	Rotate and mirror the pages in different modes, using the standard
	   fonts.
    -	Include bitmapped drawings in special format (Microsoft??)
HP PCL files

and do landscape printing

   The disadvantage used to be that it had german manuals. But it seems that
   this is fixed.
the older english manuals are on terminator as engdoc.zip. but in the new
release they are part of the package and emerge in emtex\doc\english
when you unpack it all.

emTeX is now TeX 3.0, and the drivers support virtual fonts. its
wonderful.

sebastian

--
Sebastian Rahtz                        S.Rahtz@uk.ac.soton.ecs (JANET)