[comp.text.tex] METAPLOT wanted

wme@uqun05.UUCP (Wolfgang Meier) (08/18/90)

Hi TeX-Fans,

i'm searching for a TeX-Tool named METAPLOT (not METAFONT!), that converts
HP-GL-Files (from CAD-Programms) into METAFONT-Sources. Can anyone me tell
about this tool, and where i can get it ?

----
MfG/Regards

Wolfgang Meier                         Nixdorf Computer AG, PBE-422
				       Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring, D-4790 Paderborn
Tel: [49]-(05251)-105815          /__   /   Europe: unido!nixpbe!wmeier.pad
____________________________________/  /       USA: linus!nixbur!wmeier.pad

wilcox@blob.cis.ohio-state.edu (Patricia P Wilcox) (08/27/90)

In article <252@uqun05.UUCP> wme@uqun05.UUCP (Wolfgang Meier) writes:
>Hi TeX-Fans,
>
>i'm searching for a TeX-Tool named METAPLOT (not METAFONT!), that converts
>HP-GL-Files (from CAD-Programms) into METAFONT-Sources. Can anyone me tell
>about this tool, and where i can get it ?

Metaplot is described (with only a few lies) in TUGboat, Vol. 10, No. 2,
July, 1989.  It includes a bare-bones line plot translator that currently
runs on Amiga or MS-DOS machines, along with metafont and tex macro
packages which are, of course, machine-independent.  It's available as
shareware, but there are several bugs that need to be fixed before I
give it to Don Hosek for ftp access -- the current version will not work
for printers that don't have square pixels.  8-(

Konrad Neuwirth (A4422DAE@awiuni11.bitnet) has kindly volunteered to
mail the software to European users, but he won't be back home in Austria
until September 18 -- so if you want the current (buggy) version sooner
than that, send me e-mail saying whether you want Amiga or MS-DOS 3-1/2"
or 5-1/4" diskette format.

--Pat Wilcox
  e-mail      wilcox@cis.ohio-state.edu
  snail mail  6617 Home Road  --  Delaware, OH  43015 -- U.S.A.
  phone      (614)881-5032