[comp.text.tex] dvips under VMS?

xev@GTE.COM (Xev Gittler) (08/30/90)

In <9656@bunny.GTE.COM> xev@GTE.COM (Xev Gittler) writes:

>Has anyone ported dvips (any version) to vms? I am about to port the
>newest version to VMS, and I am running into some problems. I was told
>that there was an old version lying around somewhere that had been
>ported to VMS, and I'd like to use that as a reference point.

Judging from the response that I've gotten, EVERYONE is porting dvips
to VMS. It seems like a bit of a waste to have all these versions
floating around. I have been talking to Tomas Rokicki about including
changes for VMS in the official release. He has agreed to do this,
though if we want to get it in the next release, we need to have it
SOON.

I have finished a port that works, except for piping the output to a
pipe (but MakeTeXpk is in there). It is not yet thoroughly tested, and
I put it together in a rush, so I am convinced other people have
better versions. I am willing to gather everyone's various changes and
merge them into one set that is passed along to Rokicki. If anyone's
got changes that they think are any good, please send them to me (in
the next few days at the latest) and I'll merger them.

--
					Xev Gittler
					xev@bunny.gte.com