[comp.text.tex] LaTeX style

dhosek@sif.claremont.edu (Hosek, Donald A.) (08/31/90)

In article <482.26de2867@nbivax.nbi.dk>, spang@nbivax.nbi.dk (Karsten Spang) writes...
>In article <BJR.90Aug30155525@clarity.Princeton.EDU>, bjr@clarity.Princeton.EDU (Brian J. Reiser) writes:
>> Is there any simple way to modify the formatting of latex figure
>> captions?
>>                              I would like to have the captions printed
>> slightly smaller, and in a width indented from the width of the text.

>This is how I use to do it, it is a simple minded approach that does not
>change any existing definitions, you have to do some extra typing, but on
>the other hand, using an editor, you just copy your last figure.

What about when you take this document and submit it
electronically? Have you considered what it's like for the poor
editor (of the human variety) who has to go through your document
looking for every place where you did this and put it back to a
normal \caption so that the formatting matches the house style?
(Speaking as someone who has been in this position, it's no
trvial matter to make these changes, even with a good text
editor.)

-dh

---
Don Hosek                       TeX, LaTeX, and Metafont support, consulting
dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu       installation and production work.
dhosek@ymir.bitnet              Free Estimates.
uunet!jarthur!ymir              Phone: 714-625-0147
                                finger dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu for more info