                   \else
\ch@ck #1#2#3->\ifnum \count 1#1<#2\else
                                         \errmessage {No room for a new
#3}\fi

\alloc@ ...\ch@ck #1#4#2\allocationnumber =\count
                                                  1#1\global
#3#5=\allocatio...
l.245 \newdimen\maxdimen
                         \maxdimen=16383.99999pt % the largest legal
<dimen>
?

Likewise initex fails when creating a fmt file for LaTeX.

Jeff Neafsey - neafsey.apple.com

neafsey@hypermail.apple.com (Jeffrey Neafsey) (09/04/90)

Has anyone tried compiling TeX on a Sequent S81 running Dynix 3.0.17.  I
am using the makefile within tex82 which works fine our Sun3 and Sun4
machines.  After compiling, I run initex per instructions and this is what
happens:

initex plain '\dump'
This is TeX, C Version 2.95 (INITEX)
(/usr/local/lib/tex/inputs/plain.tex Preloading the plain format: codes,
registers,
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \relax