[comp.text.tex] FWEB - Fortran Web

mwhite@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu (Dr. Michael J. White) (09/05/90)

uktex@uk.ac.aston writes:

>A development of Web to deal with Fortran has
>been developed by John Krommes at Princeton.
>Unfortunately the only way of getting the code
>is by anonymous ftp. I don't have the
>facilities to perform this.
>If anyone who has anonymous ftp facilities to
>an American Unix machine would be willing to
>obtain the files I would be most grateful.

>Thanks

>Hugo Korwaser
>SHW_X@UK.AC.LEICESTER

>==============================

I took a look in princeton sites

acm.princeton.edu
princeton.edu, and
winnie.princeton.edu

acm had nothing relevant, princeton.edu had 'cweb' and 'spiderweb' and
winnie never responded.  There's another site, pucc.princeton.edu, that
might be a possibility, but must be queried via the mail utility (I'm
waiting on responses from it, ...still).

'spiderweb' claims compatibility with ada, awk, c, c++, dijkstra, larch,
penelope, and ssl.  No FORTRAN.  If you have any more specific instructions
on the princeton sites, send them.  I am interested in such a Fortran Web, also.

(Mail to SHW_X@UK.AC.LEICESTER bounced, so please include your internet numbers)

Mike

mwhite@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu, 128.174.5.51

jac@gandalf..llnl.gov (James Crotinger) (09/07/90)

  fweb may be ftp'd from lyman.pppl.gov (pppl == Princeton Plasma
Physics Lab, which is where Krommes is at).

  Jim

James A. Crotinger   Lawrence Livermore Nat'l Lab // The above views
jac@gandalf.llnl.gov P.O. Box 808;  L-630     \\ // are mine and are not
(415) 422-0259       Livermore CA  94550       \\/ necessarily those of LLNL.