[comp.text.tex] request: TeX-bibtex - Mac-hypercard

ez@opal.tu-berlin.de (Erich Ziegler) (09/04/90)

Who knows about software to make TeX-bibfiles a data base
for Hypercard (Macintosh) or vice versa i.e. software to
create bibfiles from Hypercard data?

--
Erich, friend of friends

westerma@fuhainf.UUCP (Gerhard Westerman) (09/06/90)

From article <EZ.90Sep4110448@track.cs.tu-berlin.de>, by ez@opal.tu-berlin.de (Erich Ziegler):
> Who knows about software to make TeX-bibfiles a data base
> for Hypercard (Macintosh) or vice versa i.e. software to
> create bibfiles from Hypercard data?
>
> --
> Erich, friend of friends

westerma@fuhainf.UUCP (Gerhard Westerman) (09/06/90)

Sorry for posting this, but mail to ez@opal.tu-berlin.de was returned with
'Unknown user' and I think this might be interesting to more than one person.

From article <EZ.90Sep4110448@track.cs.tu-berlin.de>, by ez@opal.tu-berlin.de (Erich Ziegler):
> Who knows about software to make TeX-bibfiles a data base
> for Hypercard (Macintosh) or vice versa i.e. software to
> create bibfiles from Hypercard data?
>
> --
> Erich, friend of friends

You should get a Mac application called WordRef 1.3 from
        sumex-aim.stanford.edu
via anonymous ftp.
It's located in
        /info-mac/app/wordref-13-part1.hqx and
        /info-mac/app/wordref-13-part2.hqx.

This package is a reference system for MS Word 4.0 (Mac) which is capable
of handling bibliography databases, citations and arbitrary variables such
as figure or section counters to be referenced in the text.
The format for the bibliography database is the same as in BibTeX and
a HyperCard stack is included which can read and write bibfiles.

Ciao, Gerd.

hanche@imf.unit.no (Harald Hanche-Olsen) (09/07/90)

In article <456@fuhainf.UUCP> westerma@fuhainf.UUCP (Gerhard Westerman) writes:

   You should get a Mac application called WordRef 1.3 from

   This package is a reference system for MS Word 4.0 (Mac) which is capable
   of handling bibliography databases, citations and arbitrary variables such
   as figure or section counters to be referenced in the text.
   The format for the bibliography database is the same as in BibTeX and
   a HyperCard stack is included which can read and write bibfiles.

May be, but since WordRef was made to work with MS Word it
deliberately ignores some of the finer points of the BibTeX format.
This is clearly documented in the package; unfortunately I can't
remember the details.  This may bother some people.  I decided against
using it for that reason, but maybe I am too picky...

There is another stack out there, called bibstack.sit and located at
midway.chicago.edu that does not have this problem.  However, it seems
sort of flaky, with all the help cards appearing sort of jumbled,
possibly due to a font size problem of sorts.  I haven't really tried
it out yet, but it might be what you need.

If you decide to get it, beware that the file is in binary, *not*
macbinary format (unless the archive maintainer has done something
about it)!  Get it with binary (not macbinary) FTP, start Stuffit, press
the option key while you pull down the File menu and select Open, and
you should be able to select it for unStuffing.

- Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@imf.unit.no>
  Division of Mathematical Sciences
  The Norwegian Institute of Technology
  N-7034 Trondheim, NORWAY