[comp.text.tex] DVI previewer for tektronix - again

eschle@forty2.UUCP (Patrik Eschle) (09/06/90)

Some weeks ago I posted a query for a DVI previewer for tektronix
terminals.

I got an answer from Eric Hoffman <prism!ccsupeh>, saying "Try the
dvi2vdu previewer from the Aston archive".

My questions: - Where (internt number, mail address) is this Aston
                archive? (my mail to Eric did no go through).

              - Is this the only known DVI previewer for Tektronix
                terminals? (or are we the last one still using tek
                emulation for graphics?)

Thank you,
Patrik
--
Patrik Eschle, Physics Institute University of  Zuerich (Switzerland)
uucp: eschle@forty2.uu.ch (bang: uunet!chx400!forty2!eschle)

kitagawa@will.ntt.jp (Masahiro Kitagawa) (09/07/90)

In article <1312@forty2.UUCP> eschle@forty2.UUCP (Patrik Eschle) writes:

 |Some weeks ago I posted a query for a DVI previewer for tektronix
 |terminals.
 |
 |I got an answer from Eric Hoffman <prism!ccsupeh>, saying "Try the
 |dvi2vdu previewer from the Aston archive".

I noticed your first article. But I hesitated to reply since DVItoVDU
we have seems not the latest version.

I also would like to know the information on the latest version of
DVItoVDU (ver. 3.???) (C-version).

I got DVItoVDU 1.0 (C-version) from person in U.S. several months ago.
I have fixed it to support all characters allowed by TeX. Also I have
improved PK file support (but omitted PXL instead :-). I have
distributed it as DVItoVDU 1.1J in Japan. We have been using it on
SUNs, HPUXs, SONY NEWSs for several months with no problem. It works
fine with Tek4014 emulation of MS-Kermit on IBM-PC in particular. I
even use it via modems from my home :-)

********* The following part is only to Patrik Eschle **********
If you desperately need it, please let me know your postal address.
Since we have very limited access to Internet, it is difficult to send
the following file by E-mails.

	188737 May 20 21:47 dvi2vdu-1.1J.tar.Z

It's cheaper to put the file in 3.5inch FD for IBM-PC or Mac
(please specify) and send it via airmail.

Hope this helps !

*--- **** ***-- *--* *-* *-*
Masahiro Kitagawa
NTT Research Labs. Tokyo Japan
kitagawa@wave.ntt.jp

darius@edm.isac.CA (Darius S. Naqvi) (09/11/90)

In article <1312@forty2.UUCP> eschle@forty2.UUCP (Patrik Eschle) writes:

>Some weeks ago I posted a query for a DVI previewer for tektronix
>terminals.
>
>I got an answer from Eric Hoffman <prism!ccsupeh>, saying "Try the
>dvi2vdu previewer from the Aston archive".
>
>My questions: - Where (internt number, mail address) is this Aston
>                archive? (my mail to Eric did no go through).
>
>              - Is this the only known DVI previewer for Tektronix
>                terminals? (or are we the last one still using tek
>                emulation for graphics?)
>
>Thank you,
>Patrik
>--
>Patrik Eschle, Physics Institute University of  Zuerich (Switzerland)
>uucp: eschle@forty2.uu.ch (bang: uunet!chx400!forty2!eschle)
>          -> Send CHUUG mail to chuug@chuug.uu.ch <-

We've got this dvi2vdu from a uunet tape.  It looks very good, and the
documentation implies that it will work on a wide variety of terminal
types.  The problem is that I'll never get to find out about it,
because it is written in Modula-2 (!).  Is there anything like this
written in C?
--
Darius S. Naqvi                    uucp: darius%isagate.uucp@uunet.uu.net
ISA Corp.                                darius@edm.isac.ca