[comp.text.tex] IBM RT/AIX port?

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (09/11/90)

Has anyone ported TeX 3.0 and all of its assorted and sundry pieces to
AIX (IBM's wonderful version of almost SYSV)? I am running 2.2.1 on an
IBM RT and can't get it to make. If someone has made changes already,
I would be mighty 'preciative.

Thanks,
pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC

space@ncc1701.stgt.sub.org (Lars Soltau) (09/17/90)

In article <1990Sep10.233739.10020@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) writes:
>Has anyone ported TeX 3.0 and all of its assorted and sundry pieces to
>AIX (IBM's wonderful version of almost SYSV)? I am running 2.2.1 on an
>IBM RT and can't get it to make. If someone has made changes already,
>I would be mighty 'preciative.

Lucky enough we received the new IBM /6000 workstation before I got my hands
on the TeX 3.0 sources, so I could port them onto the new AIX version instead
of that horrid bug collection called AIX 2.2.

The port was absolutely easy. I only had to remove two or three prototypes for
sprintf() and everything went fine. I haven't gotten around to running the
triptrap test yet, but I've already TeXed a few documents and there were no
problems. BTW, the baby really screams.

--
Lars Soltau     bang: <insert ridiculously long path>   Bix: -- no bucks --
                smart: space@ncc1701.stgt.sub.org

    Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, where dreams come true:  Heaven is Eleven!