[comp.text.tex] DVI to ??? pagination

smith@zeus.harvard.edu (Steven Smith) (09/21/90)

Our lab uses Tomas Rokicki's dvips program.  Does anyone know how to
use this program to reference the second (or $n$th) instance of a
given page number?

E.g., how does one print only the 3d page of a document whose
pages are numbered

Page order:  1st 2d  3d  4th

Page number: [1] [2] [1] [2]

Also, is there a program available to facilitate double sided
printing?  I.e., print the odd pages, then the even pages.  What about
arbitrary mappings of page numbers?

Steven Smith

kaul@icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu (Rich Kaul) (09/21/90)

In article <SMITH.90Sep20142340@zeus.harvard.edu> smith@zeus.harvard.edu (Steven Smith) writes:
> Our lab uses Tomas Rokicki's dvips program.  Does anyone know how to
> use this program to reference the second (or $n$th) instance of a
> given page number?

Changes from 531 to 532:
	[...deleted...]
        - A method for selecting pages whose primary count0 number.
                occurs more than once.  (1.1 is the second page 1,
                1.38 is the 39th page 1, etc.  Works for -p, -l.)

By the way, dvips is now up to 5.38 in beta if you're wondering.

> Also, is there a program available to facilitate double sided
> printing?  I.e., print the odd pages, then the even pages.  What about
> arbitrary mappings of page numbers?

To do that, use the dviselect program.  It will allow you to split up
the dvi file easily enough.  It's in the Unix TeX distributions.
--
Rich Kaul                         | It wouldn't be research if we
kaul@icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu    | knew what we were doing.