 \fi}

to:

\long\def\@makecaption#1#2{
 \vskip 10pt
 \setbox\@tempboxa\hbox{#1: \protect{\footnotesize #2}}
 \ifdim \wd\@tempboxa >\hsize #1: #2\par \else \hbox
to\hsize{\hfil\box\@tempboxa\hfil}
 \fi}

This was done to have the text of the caption typeset in footnotesize.  It
works fine, except when the text of the caption is more than one line.  Then
the size is suddenly reset to normalsize, and the whole caption is typeset
using that size.

Why does this happen, and what can I do?

Asbjoern Saetran,
University of Tromsoe,
Norway.

asbjorns@stud.cs.uit.no.

asbjorns@stud.cs.uit.no (09/25/90)

In article <1990Sep24.094619.1408@hod.uit.no> asbjorns@stud.cs.uit.no () writes:
>I have modified the original \@makecaption command,

(text deleted)

>to:

(text deleted)

>This was done to have the text of the caption typeset in footnotesize.  It
>works fine, except when the text of the caption is more than one line.  Then
>the size is suddenly reset to normalsize, and the whole caption is typeset
>using that size.
>
>Why does this happen, and what can I do?

I have just realized that this problem was discussed in this group a short
time ago.  The solutions proposed then seems to solve the problem, so please
ignore my posting.