[comp.text.tex] dvi --> PS, using PostScript fonts?

karim@uncecs.edu (Omar A. Karim) (09/20/90)

Is there such a thing? Would be convenient to have, that way
avoid having trouble with font-sizes and use the power of
postscript. If anyone has written such a program I would
appreciate receiving info about it, e-mail.
Thanks
Omar A. Karim
karim@ecsvax.uncecs.edu

wittig@gmdzi.gmd.de (Georg Wittig) (09/21/90)

karim@uncecs.edu (Omar A. Karim) writes:

>Is there such a thing? Would be convenient to have, that way
>avoid having trouble with font-sizes and use the power of
>postscript. If anyone has written such a program I would
>appreciate receiving info about it, e-mail.
>Thanks
>Omar A. Karim
>karim@ecsvax.uncecs.edu

	Try ``dvi3ps'', for example
--
Georg Wittig  GMD-Z1.IT	| wittig@gmdzi.gmd.de	| "Freedom's just another word
P.O. Box 1240		|			|  for nothing left to lose"

spqr@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Sebastian Rahtz) (09/25/90)

In article <1990Sep20.163056.4738@uncecs.edu> karim@uncecs.edu (Omar A. Karim) writes:

   Is there such a thing? Would be convenient to have, that way
   avoid having trouble with font-sizes and use the power of
   postscript. If anyone has written such a program I would
   appreciate receiving info about it, e-mail.

I know of no modern public domain or commercial dvi to PostScript
program that does not support this facility. I suggest you upgrade
whatever printer driver you are currently using to something less than
about 4 years old

sebastian

--
Sebastian Rahtz                        S.Rahtz@uk.ac.soton.ecs (JANET)