[comp.text.tex] Lucida math ships!!!

dhosek@sif.claremont.edu (Hosek, Donald A.) (09/28/90)

The following appeared in comp.fonts. Now that Adobe knows what
TeX is, maybe I'll have an easier time convincing them of the
importance of supplying the extra information TeX needs for
quality typesetting in AFM files...

---
Don Hosek                       TeX, LaTeX, and Metafont support, consulting
dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu       installation and production work.
dhosek@ymir.bitnet              Free Estimates.
uunet!jarthur!ymir              Phone: 714-625-0147
                                finger dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu for more info

-From: dkletter@adobe.COM (It's all fun and games until someone PUTS AN EYE OUT)
-Newsgroups: comp.fonts,comp.sys.mac.misc
-Subject: Lucida Math Ships!!
-Date: 27 Sep 90 16:02:05 GMT

a lot of people have called and written us email asking us just
when are we gonna ship a Math font for use with TeX?

well, Adobe is now proud to announce Lucida Math, a three faced set of
special math characters and symbols intended for typesetting documents
and manuscripts within the TeX system and designed by Bigelow and Holmes!!
we felt that because of the demand from especially people of the Net,
that we should post something to let you all know.

it is available in Mac and PC (Rev3) formats. for more information,
call 1-800-83-FONTS.

thank you. --d

--
"Ein zwei drei vier... Steve oh yeah."