[comp.text.tex] Wanted: rmit-std.sty file for Thai font

teexdwu@ioe.lon.ac.uk (DOMINIK WUJASTYK) (10/11/90)

Dear Don Hosek, and anyone,

I have just picked up the Thai fonts from ymir.claremont.edu,
and like an earlier correspondent, I find that the style file
"rmit-std.sty" that the documentation files call for is
missing.

Can anyone point to a source for this file?

Also, the "thai.rmit" directory gives no name of who made these fonts,
nor any address for communication, or indeed any clue to the origin
of the MF files.  There is a single date in the file thai-tab.tex,
"Friday 2 December 1988."

Am I right in assuming that these Thai characters are the ones
created by Bob Batzinger, and so tantalizingly not reported on
on p.503 of TUGboat 10 (1989), issue 4 (1989 Conference Proceedings)?

Dominik

ucgadkw@ucl.ac.uk
dow@wjh12.harvard.edu

ajk@wren.cs.rmit.OZ.AU (Alan Kent) (10/12/90)

teexdwu@ioe.lon.ac.uk (DOMINIK WUJASTYK) writes:

>... I find that the style file
>"rmit-std.sty" that the documentation files call for is
>missing.

Just remove it. It simply sets up some margins for the correct paper
size here at RMIT.

>Also, the "thai.rmit" directory gives no name of who made these fonts,

Hi! I wrote them (see signature below). I have not touched them for
ages. I wanted to learn about TeX, MetaFont, etc. etc. so I had a go
at something that no-one else seemed to have done. In otherwords, it
is a metafont program by a beginner, not by an expert. I also was only
starting to learn Thai, so I dont know how good they are. I since gave
up on Thai and frankly cannot remember much of it any more. I was also
having fun at the time trying to get my Amiga to speak Thai. It was good
for a chuckle.

Anyway, if you have any questions, sure, drop a line. I dont know how much
I will be able to help (as from the date you can see the last time I used
any of it). Hope they are useful to someone.

Dr. Alan Kent,                     ACSNET: ajk@goanna.cs.rmit.OZ
Key Center for Knowl. Based Sys.,  INTERNET: ajk@goanna.cs.rmit.OZ.AU
Victoria University of Technology, JANET: ajk%au.oz.goanna@uk.ac.ukc
RMIT Campus,                       BITNET: ajk%goanna.cs.rmit.OZ.AU@relay.cs.net
Dept. of Comp. Sci.,               UUCP: ..!uunet!goanna.cs.rmit.OZ.AU!ajk
GPO BOX 2476 V,                    Phone: +61 3 660 2992
Melbourne, 3001, AUSTRALIA         Fax:   +61 3 662 1617