[comp.text.tex] Embeded

piet@cs.ruu.nl (Piet van Oostrum) (10/13/90)

JS> I would like to include the output of tgrind (TeX format) in a
JS> LaTeX document using documentstyle "book".  tgrind is just a program
JS> that formats computer languages for TeX output for those that don't know.
JS> Is there anyone who knows if it is possible to embed TeX code in LaTex
JS> and how it is done?

LaTeX is a package that is built on top of TeX. In fact the current version
of LaTeX has almost all plain TeX commands built in. So you can include
most of the TeX stuff in your LaTeX documents (but not all). There are some
things mentioned in the LaTeX book that cannot be used.

Concerning tgrind output, there is a tgrind.sty to allow you to use tgrind
output within a LaTeX document. It is available from the major archives, e.g:

How to get tgrind.sty from the archive at
	Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University:

NOTE: In the following I have assumed your mail address is john@highbrow.edu.

    Of course you must substitute your own address for this. This should be
    a valid internet or uucp address. For bitnet users name@host.BITNET
    usually works.

by FTP: (please restrict access to weekends or evening/night (i.e. between
about 20.00 and 0900 UTC).

    ftp archive.cs.ruu.nl [131.211.80.5]
    user name: anonymous or ftp
    password: your own email address (e.g. john@highbrow.edu)
    cd /pub
    don't forget to set binary mode if the file is a tar/arc/zoo archive,
    compressed or in any other way contains binary data.
    get TEX/latexstyle/tgrind.sty

by mail-server:

send the following message to
mail-server@cs.ruu.nl (or uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ruuinf):

    begin
    path john@highbrow.edu
    send TEX/latexstyle/tgrind.sty
    end

The path command can be deleted if we receive a valid from address in your
message. If this is the first time you use our mail server, we suggest you
first issue the request:
    send HELP
--
Piet* van Oostrum, Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University,
Padualaan 14, P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands.