[comp.text.tex] HP Soft Font --> TeX font

steve@txsil.lonestar.org (Steve McConnel) (10/11/90)

What's available for converting Hewlett-Packard Soft Fonts to the
corresponding .PK and .TFM files?  I have HP2TEX.PAS and HP2TEX.EXE,
but the version I have produces .PXL and .PL files, and is limited to
7-bit fonts.  Is there anything better widely available?

Actually, I've finished a program of my own (written in C) that does
what I want (produces .PK and .TFM files directly, and handles 8-bit
fonts okay), and would like to know if something is already available,
(and i've wasted my time :-), or if there'd be any interest in my
posting it to the net (after some more testing).  :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
--
Stephen McConnel
Summer Institute of Linguistics  PHONE: 214-709-2418

teexdwu@ioe.lon.ac.uk (DOMINIK WUJASTYK) (10/15/90)

In article <367@txsil.lonestar.org> steve@txsil.lonestar.org (Steve McConnel) writes:

>Actually, I've finished a program of my own (written in C) that does
>what I want (produces .PK and .TFM files directly, and handles 8-bit
>fonts okay), and would like to know if something is already available,
>(and i've wasted my time :-), or if there'd be any interest in my
>posting it to the net (after some more testing).  :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
>--

Hey! C'mon. What do you want us to do: beg?

Dominik