[comp.text.tex] Converting a C src file to a TeXable file

x110ab@tamuts.helios (Allan Bailey) (10/12/90)

   Has anyone ever made a program to convert a C program source file
to a TeX file?

   Also, is Web what I'm looking for?  I've only heard about, but I've
never found any documentation about it.

--
Allan Bailey
 CSC Unix Help Desk

istvan@hhb.UUCP (Istvan Mohos) (10/15/90)

x110ab@tamuts.helios (Allan Bailey) writes:
>   Has anyone ever made a program to convert a C program source file
>to a TeX file?
>   Also, is Web what I'm looking for?  I've only heard about, but I've
>never found any documentation about it.

It is not clear what you are looking for.  To just output C source code
under TeX (with indentation, spacing, linefeeds, comments, special
characters, etc. preserved), use the ``verbatim macros'' from Appendix D
(pages 381, 391 ISBN 0-201-13448-9) of The TeXbook.
--
        Istvan Mohos
        ...uunet!pyrdc!pyrnj!hhb!istvan

c37189h@saha.hut.fi (Harri "Haba" Suomalainen) (10/16/90)

In comp.text.tex istvan@hhb.UUCP (Istvan Mohos) writes:
>It is not clear what you are looking for.  To just output C source code
>under TeX (with indentation, spacing, linefeeds, comments, special
>characters, etc. preserved), use the ``verbatim macros'' from Appendix D
>(pages 381, 391 ISBN 0-201-13448-9) of The TeXbook.

I'm running a program called 'tgrind' under DOS. It prints keywords in
bold face, comments in italics, etc. I think it has been posted in net
quite a while ago.

It seems to be quite a buggy, it needed some changes to work at all. It
does pascal, prolog, etc. as well. It is also a table driven version so
it is quite easy to add a new language format for a new language if needed.

-haba
--

Harri Suomalainen    c37189h@saha.hut.fi    haba@otax.tky.hut.fi