[comp.text.tex] HELP: \end occurs inside a group

johanes@chagall.helios.nd.edu (Johanes Suhardjo) (10/22/90)

In my latex file I have:

	\section{blablabla}
	blablabla

	\section*{blablabla}

and I got this warning:

	(\end occurred inside a group at level 1).

There is nothing wrong with the printed result.  Can I just ignore the warning?
| Johanes Suhardjo                 |               Civil Engineering         |
| suhardjo@ndcvx.cc.nd.edu         |            University of Notre Dame     |
| johanes@newton.ce.nd.edu         |      P.O. Box 291, Notre Dame, IN 46556 |

eijkhout@s41.csrd.uiuc.edu (Victor Eijkhout) (10/23/90)

johanes@chagall.helios.nd.edu (Johanes Suhardjo) writes:
> [...] I got this warning:
>	(\end occurred inside a group at level 1).
>There is nothing wrong with the printed result.  Can I just ignore the warning?
Yes, but that's not particularly elegant. And no, if your document
will grow much longer you may get introuble.

You opened one more group than you closed.
Probably a { somewhere. Put \end{document} at arbitrary
places to locate the spot if you can't find it by just
looking.

Victor.