[comp.text.tex] LaserPrep6.0 in /psfig

chiang@ee.tamu.edu (Ken J. Chiang) (10/25/90)

Hi,

   Can anybody over there tell me that I can use \psfig to include a figure
drawn by MACDRAW II whose prep file is LaserPrep6.0("(AppleDict md)" 70 0 )
to tex document or not?

   I used prepfix to fix the prepfile of LaserPrep6.0, and then used this
prepfile I can print the mac figure from my printers(Apple LaserWriter and
DEC LPS20). Then I tried to include the mac figure to tex document by using
\psfig and used the LaserPrep6.0 as prolog file. I used dvips to get postscript
file. The Laserwriter gave me a blank page, and the LPS20 did not print, and
no error messages.

   Can any expert tell me how to make the figure work? Thanks a lot.

Ken Chiang                           internet address:
Electrical Engineering Dept.                          chiang@ee.tamu.edu
Texas A&M University                                  chiang@eemips.tamu.edu

schwer@unix.SRI.COM (Len Schwer) (10/25/90)

In article <9497@helios.TAMU.EDU> chiang@ee.tamu.edu (Ken J. Chiang) writes:
>   Can anybody over there tell me that I can use \psfig to include a figure
>drawn by MACDRAW II whose prep file is LaserPrep6.0("(AppleDict md)" 70 0 )
>to tex document or not?

	You need two things:
		1. a suitably modified version of LaserPrep 6.0
		2. some instruction on including Mac graphics into
		   latex documents.

	Both of these should be available from Don Hosek's archive
	at Harvey Mudd College  hmcvax.claremont.edu (? from memory)
	I am not sure of the directory location, but check the latex
	paths.   --Len Schwer