[comp.text.tex] psfig changes

suter@latcs1.oz.au (David Suter) (10/31/90)

Some time ago I saw a discussion about changes to psfig that,
amongst other things, made these macros act more sensibly when a file doesn't
exist or does not contain a BoundingBox statement. Has anyone collected
and/or tested these changes? i.e. can someone mail or point me to an ftp
site that has an appropriate version.
BTW we seem to get many postings along the lines
of "I can't get psfig to do anything sensible - what am I doing
wrong - I posted same myself originally - seem that changes
along the lines above could go someway towards reducing these complaints.
d.s.

dsmith@applga.aa.cad.slb.com (J. Daniel Smith) (11/01/90)

In article <9116@latcs1.oz.au> suter@latcs1.oz.au (David Suter) writes:
>Some time ago I saw a discussion about changes to psfig that,
>amongst other things, made these macros act more sensibly when a file doesn't
>exist or does not contain a BoundingBox statement. Has anyone collected
I also have made changes that do the following:
   * check the first line of the file to be sure it starts with '%!'.
     If it doesn't, a warning message is issued, since the file probably
     isn't a PostScript file.
   * keep searching for another "%%BoundingBox:" if the "(atend)"
     specification is found.
   * accept "%%BoundingBox:" comments both with and without a space
     after the colon.

The code to do much of this was taken from "epsf.tex", part of the
"dvips" package.  I'll be glad to make these changes available, once
I'm sure everything is OK with the respective authors....

   Dan
J. Daniel Smith                     Internet: dsmith@applga.aa.cad.slb.com
Schlumberger CAD/CAM                  BITNET: smithdan@msuegr
Ann Arbor, Michigan                   Usenet: uunet!sharkey!applga!dsmith