[comp.text.tex] Writing GREEK text on TeX. Anybody knows?

ak5@doc.ic.ac.uk (Antonis Kotzamanidis) (11/08/90)

I've been trying to get TeX to print Greek text files. It seems that no
one knows about a greek font except from the standard maths symbols.
If anybody knows how even to implement an easy writing version on a PC for
Greek Text as such, I would deeply appreciate an answer.

teexdwu@ioe.lon.ac.uk (DOMINIK WUJASTYK) (11/09/90)

In article <2450@gould.doc.ic.ac.uk> ak5@doc.ic.ac.uk (Antonis Kotzamanidis) writes:
>I've been trying to get TeX to print Greek text files. It seems that no
>one knows about a greek font except from the standard maths symbols.
>If anybody knows how even to implement an easy writing version on a PC for
>Greek Text as such, I would deeply appreciate an answer.

There are not one, not two, but three different Greek fonts in
circulation, to my knowledge, perhaps more.  Silvio Levy's (with
all breathings and accents for Classical Greek), Hamilton_Kelly's
for modern Greek, and Yannis Haralambous's again for modern Greek
(based on Levy's MF code).  These are all fully described in various
issues of TUGboat, starting from about issue 9(2).

Best wishes,

Dominik

PS I will not reply to personal mail on this topic.