[comp.text.tex] DVI Driver for Xerox 8700

zeil@cs.odu.edu (Steven J. Zeil) (11/07/90)

Does anyone have a program for printing DVI files on a Xerox 8700
laser printer?

                                                       Steve Z

mdeck@acsu.buffalo.edu (Mary Deck) (11/08/90)

In article <1990Nov6.215542.15066@cs.odu.edu> zeil@cs.odu.edu (Steven J. Zeil) writes:

>Does anyone have a program for printing DVI files on a Xerox 8700
>laser printer?
>
>                                                       Steve Z

You might try TeXrox, by Thomas J. Reid of Texas A & M University.  It
will print on Xerox 9700/9790, 8700/8790 or 4050 Laser Printing
Systems.  It can be used on UNIX, VAX/VMS, AOS/VS, VM/CMS, MVS, and
perhaps other systems.  It is configurable and versatile.  We're very
happy with it.  I believe it costs about $100 for a University, more
for commercial interests.  Contact Mr. Reid at x066tr@tamvm1.bitnet
for more information.

					....Mary
---
Mary M. Deck                                    |  mdeck@acsu.buffalo.edu
Student Assistant, User Services                |  rutgers!ub!mdeck
University Computing Services, SUNY at Buffalo  |  mdeck@ubvms.bitnet   [UNIX]
Buffalo, NY  14260                              |  acsgmmd@ubvms.bitnet [VMS]

paul@frcs.UUCP (Paul Nash) (11/13/90)

Thus spake mdeck@acsu.buffalo.edu (Mary Deck):

> In article <1990Nov6.215542.15066@cs.odu.edu> zeil@cs.odu.edu (Steven J. Zeil) writes:
> >
> >Does anyone have a program for printing DVI files on a Xerox 8700
> >laser printer?

> You might try TeXrox, by Thomas J. Reid of Texas A & M University.  It
> will print on Xerox 9700/9790, 8700/8790 or 4050 Laser Printing

Some years back I hacked up someone's dvi2700 (dvi -> Xerox 2700)
driver from a DEC20 to run under VM/CMS.  I gave a copy to Xerox
at the time (a customer wanted it).  Iff you want a copy, and
can't get it from Xerox (only really useful if you have an IBM),
contact me & I can try to get a tape sent to you.

If you aren't running IBM, check TugBoat (the TeX user group
publication) for their list of who does what printers on what
OS.  That's where I got the original driver for my IBM hack.

--
In much wisdom is much grief: