[comp.text.tex] Typesetting FORTRAN programs

avinoam@SHUM.HUJI.AC.IL (11/15/90)

Hi.

I would like to typeset a FORTRAN program (with TeX, LateX, or PostScript).

How can I do it??

Thanks.

Avinoam Kalma

avinoam@shum.huji.ac.il
avinoam@sunrise.huji.ac.il
avinoam@hujivms.BITNET

bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) (11/20/90)

In article <481@shum.huji.ac.il> avinoam@SHUM.HUJI.AC.IL writes:
   I would like to typeset a FORTRAN program (with TeX, LateX, or
   PostScript).

Get tgrind(1) (a relative of vgrind(1)):

     -llanguage
          Specify the  language  to  use.   Among  the  languages
          currently  known  are: Bourne shell (-lsh), C (-lc, the
          default), C shell (-lcsh), emacs MLisp, (-lml), FORTRAN
          (-lf),  Icon (-lI), ISP (-i), LDL (-lLDL), Model (-lm),
          Pascal (-lp), and RATFOR (-lr).

ucssph@ucs.uwplatt.edu (Samuel P. Howard) (11/20/90)

In article <481@shum.huji.ac.il>, avinoam@SHUM.HUJI.AC.IL writes:

> Hi.
>
> I would like to typeset a FORTRAN program (with TeX, LateX, or PostScript).
>
> How can I do it??

There exist text-processors that convert text into TeX files...you could try
one of those.

Currently, a couple of friends and I are trying to put the finishing touches on
T2T (Text2TeX) so that it can be released for the masses (that are interested).
Speaking of which, is there some sort of ediquitte(sp?) for posting source of
this type (it is in Web).

If anyone is interested in a copy of what we have running now, send me personal
mail.  We have been using T2T for about 1 year now, and it seems to be a
constantly evolving program (or now, a set of programs with supporting macros).

--sam

/  /  /   BitNet  :  ucssph@uwplatt        SnailNet:  Samuel P. Howard
\  /--/   InterNet:  ucssph@ucs.uwplatt.edu           170 Carlisle Street
/. /  /.  YellNet :  (608) 348-9137                   Platteville, WI  53818

      % TeXnical discussions welcome!  Spelling corrections discarded! %

OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER:  Anything presented above in *no* way represents the views
of University Consulting Services, or the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.