[comp.text.tex] increasing threshold for overfull hbox message

jaffe@hoss.unl.edu (David Jaffe) (11/22/90)

How can I increase the threshold for overfull hbox messages, so that (e.g)
no error message is printed when I have an hbox which is overfull by <= 2
points?  Whatever I do to cause this should have no effect on the dvi file.
I am using LaTeX.

David Jaffe (jaffe@hoss.unl.edu)
University of Nebraska, Lincoln

eijkhout@s41.csrd.uiuc.edu (Victor Eijkhout) (11/22/90)

jaffe@hoss.unl.edu (David Jaffe) writes:

>How can I increase the threshold for overfull hbox messages, so that (e.g)
>no error message is printed when I have an hbox which is overfull by <= 2
>points?

Two parameters: \hfuzz for the amount that is allowed
to go unnoticed (default: .1pt), and \hbadness for the badness
that is allowed to go unreported. Vertical analogons exist.

Victor.