[comp.text.tex] dvips landscape problem

piet@cs.ruu.nl (Piet van Oostrum) (11/27/90)

I am trying to use dvips to see if I can locally switch to it in favor of
my own dvi2ps version. I have a problem with landscape printing. I tried to
do the testpage.tex that comes with LaTeX. It is supposed to generate a
rectangular frame with some rulers. When I print it in landscape
mode the vertical lines (i.e those that are parallel to the short side of
the paper) of the frame disappear. All other things come out properly. In
normal mode they come out as they should. My own dvi2ps does not have this
problem.

Has anyone encountered similar problems?
Unfortunately the Postscript that is generated is too cryptic to give a
clue about where the problem could lie.
--
Piet* van Oostrum, Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University,
Padualaan 14, P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands.

rbv@cypress.UUCP (Roger Vanderveen) (11/28/90)

In article <4391@ruuinf.cs.ruu.nl> piet@cs.ruu.nl (Piet van Oostrum) writes:
>I have a problem with landscape printing. I tried to
>do the testpage.tex that comes with LaTeX. It is supposed to generate a
>rectangular frame with some rulers. When I print it in landscape
>mode the vertical lines (i.e those that are parallel to the short side of
>the paper) of the frame disappear... In
>normal mode they come out as they should.

I don't believe it's a Postscript problem, but rather a print engine problem.
I've seen printers skip lines that are perpendicular to the paper motion if
they are on a certain grid.  You might try shifting the grid slightly or making
the lines wider.

Roger Vanderveen                                    rbv@cypress.UUCP or
San Jose, CA USA                                    rbv%cypress@daver.bungi.com