[comp.text.tex] looking for musicTeX or whatever it may be called

fsejo@acad3.fai.alaska.edu (Eric Olson) (11/29/90)

I've been led to understand that there's a TeX program/library/something for
formatting music.  Does anyone know more about this?  If it's available
somewhere, please point me in the right direction!
--
Eric Olson <fsejo@acad3.fai.alaska.edu> Gryphon Gang Fairbanks AK 99775

st@heike.uucp (Stefan Timphus) (11/30/90)

Reply by email didn't work, so I post.
Here is information about the package you need :

>>Date: 23 Oct 90 15:50 -0700
>>From: Francois Jalbert <jalbert@cs.ubc.ca>
>>To: Stefan Timphus <st>
>>Subject: MusicTeX
>>
>>A demo version of the multi-staff MusicTeX has been made officially available
>>on rsovax.circe.fr (130.84.128.100) for FTP. The username is MUSICTEX and the
>>password is anything you care to type.
>>
>>                                                    Regards,
>>
>>                                                    Francois
>>                                                        '

There is also a package called MTEX, but I think MUSICTEX is much easier to
use.

                                             Stefan

Stefan         st@heike.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
Timphus        ...{uunet,mcsun}!unido!heike.informatik.uni-dortmund.de!st
               Phone: +49 231 755-3419