[comp.text.tex] Changes to the Supplementary TeX information

raymond@math.berkeley.edu (Raymond Chen) (12/02/90)

For those playing along at home, here are the changes between the 1 Dec 90
edition and the 27 Oct 90 edition.

28c28
<         Contact: Don Hosek (dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu)
---
>         Contact: Don Hosek ()
33c33
< labrea.stanford.edu
---
> labrea.stanford.edu [36.8.0.47]
42c42,43
<         Contact: Keith Petersen (w8sdz@wsmr-simtel20.army.mil)
---
>         Time Zone: -0600 GMT
>         Contact: Keith Petersen ()
68,69c69,71
< >>>  Odds are good that if you want something, one of these guys <<<
< >>>  (especially ymir) has it.                                   <<<
---
> midway.uchicago.edu [128.135.12.73]
>         Time Zone: -0500 GMT
>         Contact:  Walter Carlip (oztex@midway.uchicago.edu)
70a73,80
>         Home of various Macintosh TeX goodies (in macintosh/tex).
>         Requests for any TeX-related things for the Mac can be sent
>         to oztex@midway.uchicago.edu and Walter will see if he
>         can find it.  (How's *that* for dedication!)

98a109,111
> lee@sq.sq.com (Liam R. E. Quin) maintains a master list of fonts,
> selections of which are included below.

107c120,121
< AMS fonts       e-math.ams.com [pl]
---
> AMS fonts       e-math.ams.com [pl]     Euler, extra math, cmex, cyrillic
>                 130.44.1.100            /ams/amsfonts/sources
122c136
< APL fonts       ymir.clarkson.edu       [anonymous.tex.mf.misc]cmapl10.mf
---
> APL font        ymir.clarkson.edu       [anonymous.tex.mf.misc]cmapl10.mf
125a140,145
> APL font        power.eee.ndsu.nodak.edu
>                 134.129.123.1           apl-tex-font/27-Jul-90
>
> Arabic fonts    ?                       most recent request by
>                                         regier@cogsci.berkeley.edu

131a152,163
> Astrological font
>                 uk.ac.aston.tex         [tex-archive.fonts.planets]
>
> Babel fonts     ymir.claremont.edu      [anonymous.tex.babel]
>
> The Babel fonts are a collection of various language fonts:
>     Classical Greek, Modern Greek, Hebrew, Modern Icelandic, Cyrillic,
>     Modern Turkish.
>
> Bar code fonts  ymir.claremont.edu      by Dimitri Vulis
>                                         [anonymous.tex.mf]

152a185,187
> BNF style       (posted to comp.text.tex) by Hugh Osborne (hugh@phoibos.cs.kun.nl)

158a194,197
> Chess fonts     sol.cs.ruu.nl           by Piet Tutelaers
>                 131.211.80.5            see also the TUGboat article
>                                         pub/TEX/chess.tar.Z

160c199,200
<                 192.12.216.114
---
>                 192.12.216.114          source, fonts, VMS and DOS binaries.
>                 NB!  Login as userid "ftp", not "anonymous"
162c202
< CM fonts        labrea.stanford.edu     METAFONT sources, directory cm
---
> CM fonts        labrea.stanford.edu     METAFONT sources, pub/tex/cm
165a206,208
> CM fonts        ymir.claremont.edu      METAFONT sources
>                                         [anonymous.tex.mf.standard]

168c211,214
< Common-TeX      berkeley.edu            v2.9 by Pat Monardo
---
> comment environment
>         (a)     see Sch\"opf macros ("verbatim.sty")
>         (b)     use "annotation.sty" by Tom Hofmann, wtho@ciba-geigy.ch
>         (c)     use "version.sty" by Stephen Bellantoni, sjb@cs.toronto.edu
170c216
<     NOTE:  Rumor says that the Common-TeX project has been officially abandoned.
---
> Common-TeX      berkeley.edu            v2.9 by Pat Monardo (monardo@cshl.org)
171a218,220
> Common-TeX      isis.cshl.org           v3.0 (beta)
>                                         /tex/commontex300.a[.Z]

173a223,235
> Cyrillic font   june.cs.washington.edu [p]
>                                         U of Washington's Cyrillic fonts
>
> Cyrillic font   ymir.claremont.edu      U of Washington's Cyrillic fonts
>
>     The UW Cyrillic font is the same as the AMS Cyrillic font.
>
> Cyrillic font                           by Tom Ridgeway
>
>     To subscribe to the RUSTEX-L mailing list (Cyrillic typesetting),
>     send mail to listserv@ubvm.bitnet with the line
>          SUBSCRIBE RUSTEX-L Your Name

197a260,263
> Dingbat characters
>                 ymir.claremont.edu      by Doug Henderson
>                                         [anonymous.tex.mf]

210c276
<                 131.211.80.5            pub/TEX/dvi2tty.shar
---
>                 131.211.80.5            pub/TEX/DVI/dvi2tty.shar
216a283,289
> DVItoVDU        augean.ua.oz.au         original by Andrew Trevorrow
>                 129.127.4.2             C port by idall@augean.ua.OZ.AU (Ian Dall)
>                                         pub/misc/dv.tar.Z
>                                         patches in pub/misc/dv.patch.Z
>
>     Mr. Dall says, "dvi previewer for tek, regis and other terminals".

227a301,302
> dvi72m          midway.uchicago.edu     dvi-to-quickdraw

231c306
< dviconcat       mimsy.umd.edu           Combines dvi files, by Ken Yap?
---
> dviconcat       mimsy.umd.edu           Combines dvi files, by Chris Torek
238a314,316
> dvidvi          ?                       by Tom Rokicki
>                                         extracts pages from dvi files

257a336
>                 neon.stanford.edu       Version 5.4
259,260c338,340
< dvips           labrea.stanford.edu     by Tomas Rokicki, ~ftp/pub/dvips5398.tar.Z
<                 neon.stanford.edu       Version 5.398 (beta)
---
>    dvips54.tar.Z   - includes dvips source, PSlatex.
>    dvipslib.tar.Z  - includes VF and TFM files for PS fonts
>    dvipsafm.tar.Z  - includes AFM files for common PS fonts
312c392
< Fig             sun.soe.clarkson.edu    v2.1
---
> Fig             sun.soe.clarkson.edu    v2.1, pub/transfig/fig.tar.Z
317a398,402
> fig2latex                               Obsolete.  See TransFig.
>
> fnote.tex       ymir.claremont.edu      single-spaced footnotes in double-spaced document
>                                         [anonymous.tex.inputs.plain-contrib]fnote.tex

340a426,428
>                 ymir.claremont.edu      [anonymous.tex.babel.greek.levy] (*)
>                 xydeco.siemens.com
>                 129.73.1.101
342c430,431
< iptex           unknown
---
>     Silvio Levy's `gr' Greek family for both modern and classical Greek
>     includes roman, typewriter, and bold, plus a macro package.
343a433,443
>     (*) Despite the directory name, [....levy] contains
>         Brian Hamilton Kelly's Greek font.  Maybe.
>
> HP font bitmaps mims-iris.waterloo.edu
>                 129.97.129.116
>
> Internation Phonetic Alphabet           from WSU (huh?)
>                 ymir.claremont.edu      [anonymous.tex.mf]
>
> iptex           mimsy.umd.edu           by Chris Torek

350a451,454
> Japanese [La]TeX for MS-DOS             by jalbert@cs.ubc.ca (Francois Jalbert)
>                 utsun [133.11.11.11]    version 1.0
>                 NB!  This is in Japan.  includes METAFONT

367a472,473
> macmakeindex    midway.uchicago.edu

372a479,480
> makeindex       UNIX TeX tape           tex82/LateX/LateXmakeindex/src

389a498,500
> mpage           wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  print PostScript 4-up
>                                         directory unix-c/postscript

393a505,508
> multi!          irisa.irisa.fr          by Ross Cartlidge <rossc@extro.ucc.su.oz.au>
>                                         print 2/4/8/16-up
>                                         directory ./Postscript

397c512,518
< MuTeX           cs.ucb.ca [x]           src/MuTeX/MuTeX.tar.Z (slow)
---
> MusicTeX        qed.rice.edu            alpha version
>                 128.42.4.38             pub/musictex.tar.Z
>
>     MusicTeX is an extension of MuTeX with enhanced and new features.
>     In particular, it supports multiple staves more easily.
>
> MuTeX           cs.ubc.ca [x]           src/MuTeX/MuTeX.tar.Z (slow)
414a536,539
> MuTeX           wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  PD1:<MSDOS.TEX>MUTEX.ARC
>
> MuTeX           ymir.claremont.edu      [anonymous.tex.music.mutex]

419c544
<     available for FTP, please contact Fran\c{c}ois Jalbert (jalbert@cs.ucb.ca).
---
>     available for FTP, please contact Fran\c{c}ois Jalbert (jalbert@cs.ubc.ca).
428a554,558
> Optical Character Recognition
>                 ymir.claremont.edu      [anonymous.tex.mf]
>
> Oriya (an Indian script)                under development

437a568,570
> OzTeX           jade.unine.ch           v1.3, directory pub/mac/oztex
>                 130.125.10.1

487a621,627
> Pointing hands  ymir.claremont.edu      by Georgia Tobin
>                                         [anonymous.tex.mf]
>
> postscript      mimsy.umd.edu           by Louis Mamakos and Chris Torek
>                                         another dvi-to-postscript converter

495a636,648
>     See also "Including Macintosh graphics in LATEX documents",
>     TUGboat, vol. 11, no. 2, p. 194.
>
> psnup           wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  prints nonconforming PostScript n-up
>                                         directory unix-c/postscript
>
> psroff          gatekeeper.dec.com      by Chris Lewis
>                 16.1.0.2                lets you uses TeX fonts with troff
>                                         pub/misc/psroff-2.0.tar.Z
>
> psroff          cs.toronto.edu
>                 128.100.1.65            pub/psroff.tar.Z

498a652,655
> REDIS           ymir.claremont.edu      Hebrew font
>                                         [anonymous.tex.mf]
>     A sans-serif Hebrew font in three faces, including italics.

522a680,683
> scmac202.tex    network.ucsd.edu        by Na Choon Piaw
>                                         for television scripts
>                                         anime/nsipo-archives

525a687,689
> ScriptTeX       ymir.claremont.edu      v1.00 by Adrian McCarthy
>                                         for scripts and screenplays

527a692,693
> SliTeX          ymir.claremont.edu      directory [anonymous.tex.inputs.slitex]

532a699,706
> T2T                                     Text2TeX, still under development
>                                         by ucssph@ucs.uwplatt.edu (Samuel P. Howard)
>
> Tengwar         ymir.claremont.edu      by Mike Urban
>                                         [anonymous.tex.mf.tengwar]
>
> Tengwar         jcb@cs.edinburgh.ac.uk  by Julian Bradfield (email)

542a717,719
>     a port of TeX3.1 and MF2.7 to the Atari ST is being undertaken by
>     ridderbusch.pad@nixdorf.com (Frank Ridderbusch)

596,597d772
< TeXware         uclapp.physics.ucla.edu John Price's TeXware archive
<
611a787
>                                         includes VMS binary
615a792,795
> Thai font       ymir.claremont.edu      two versions
>                                         [anonymous.tex.babel.thai.rmit]
>                                         [anonymous.tex.babel.thai.usl]

622c802
< TransFig        svax.cs.cornell.edu     v2.1, ~/ftp/pub/fig/transfig.tar.Z
---
> TransFig        svax.cs.cornell.edu     v2.1, pub/fig/transfig.tar.Z
624c804
< TransFig        sun.soe.clarkson.edu
---
> TransFig        sun.soe.clarkson.edu    v2.1, pub/transfig
636a817,822
> Turkish font    june.cs.washington.edu  tex/turkish.tar.Z
>
> Typewriter font ymir.claremont.edu      [anonymous.tex.mf.pica]
>
>     Italic and boldface come out as underlined and wavy-underlined.

638a825,827
> up              ?                       by J. Greely
>                                         print Postscript n-up

647a837,839
> Vietnamese font blackbox.hacc.washington.edu
>                 128.95.200.1            /pub/testviet

651a844,849
> web2c           ics.uci.edu             v5.8a by Karl Berry (karl@cs.umb.edu)
>                 [128.195.1.1]           TeX/web-5.8a.tar.Z
>
> web2c           ftp.cs.umb.edu          v5.8a by Karl Berry
>                 [192.12.26.17]          pub/tex/web2c5.8a.tarZ

702,706d899
< [unnamed]       june.cs.washington.edu [p]
<                                         U of Washington's Cyrillic fonts
<
< [unnamed]       ymir.claremont.edu      U of Washington's Cyrillic fonts
<
817,819c1010,1011
<   domain even). It comes with source, but it's a hand translation
<   of Modula 2, so that might not help all that much. The nice (or
<   not) feature of this program is that it uses PK and TFM files
---
>   domain even). It comes with source, and a web-to-modula2 program.
>   The nice (or not) feature of this program is that it uses PK and TFM files
820a1013
>   Another nice feature is that OzTeX creates dvi files directly.
831c1024
<          Available from ymir and chicago(?).
---
>          Available from ymir and midway..
938c1131
<     [this section is awaiting an update from Don Hosek]
---
>     [this section will be updated Real Soon Now]
956c1149,1150
< BibTeX      ->  tib    - refer-to-bibtex
---
> BibTeX      ->   tib   - refer-to-bibtex
> ChiWriter   ->   TeX   - Chi2TeX by Horstmann Software, US$75
960a1155,1157
> On 30 Oct 90, melvin@cgdisis.cgd.ucar.edu asked for information on
> converting anything to TeX.  He has yet to post a summary.

962c1159
< [8] DVI drivers for printer X
---
> [8] DVI drivers for printer X/display Y
965,966c1162
< there is the Nelson Beebe family of drivers (science.utah.edu),
< plus additional drivers archived at ymir and sun.soe.
---
> there is the Nelson Beebe family of drivers (science.utah.edu).
968,969c1164,1175
< HP DeskJet:  Contact nboogaar@ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl (Martin v.d. Boogaard)
<              for a summary.
---
> Printer/Display     Summary available from
> ---------------     ----------------------
> HP DeskJet          nboogaar@ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl (Martin v.d. Boogaard)
> HP LJ III           hanne@snips.harvard.edu (Hanne Kooy) 24 Oct 90
> MGR Window Manager  david@doe.utoronto.ca (David Megginson) 6 Nov 90
> NEC P2200/Epson 24-pin printers
>                     cudat@warwick.ac.uk (J M Hicks) 2 Nov 90
> SGI/4D70GT          somu@pilot.njin.net (Prabhakar Somu) 22 Nov 90
> Xerox 8700          mdeck@acsu.buffalo.edu (Mary Deck) suggests
>                     TeXrox, by Thomas J. Reid of Texas A & M University
>                     support Xerox 9700/9790, 8700/8790, 4050
>                     Contact: x066tr@tamvm1.bitnet
979,980c1185,1187
< Thanks also to all the people who've sent me corrections, and to the
< many nameless administrators which keep FTP sites up and running.
---