[comp.text.tex] LaTeX : "registered trademark"

maechler@flash.bellcore.com (Martin Maechler) (12/01/90)

As the subject says, I'd like a simple   TeX / LATeX  definition to get the
"registered trademark" sign  '(R)', a small R (in special font ?) in a circle.
Of course it should at adapt to 10pt, 11pt, 12pt.

If not absolutely necessary, i'd hate to have to get funny font files from
somewhere  and install them form xdvi, dvi2ps, and what not.

I'd appreciate answers also by e-mail.
Thanks a lot in advance !

--
Martin Maechler, Bellcore 2M-343, 445 South St., Morristown, NJ 07962-1910, USA
maechler@bellcore.com, Tel: (201) 829-4837(w)  933-0944(h), Fax (201) 538-9093.

plaut@sc2a.unige.ch (12/04/90)

In article <MAECHLER.90Dec1081444@breeze.flash.bellcore.com>, maechler@flash.bellcore.com (Martin Maechler) writes:
> As the subject says, I'd like a simple   TeX / LATeX  definition to get the
> "registered trademark" sign  '(R)', a small R (in special font ?) in a circle.
> Of course it should at adapt to 10pt, 11pt, 12pt.

You could try this one:

\def\regmark{{\ooalign{\hfil\raise.07ex\hbox{\tiny R}\hfil\crcr
                    {\scriptsize\mathhexbox20D}}}}

Use: This is a trade mark$^{\regmark}$.

I'm not the author of this. I don't remember who is the author.
And I hope this definition is not protected by a copyright...

| Olivier Plaut. University of Geneva.      Geneva, Switzerland |
| INTERNET: plaut@sc2a.unige.ch         BITNET:  plaut@cgeuge52 |