Management Science Department
Penn State University
BITNET:   hbx@psuvm
INTERNET: hbx at psuvm.psu.edu

wjw@eba.eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen) (12/07/90)

In article <90323.080254HBX@psuvm.psu.edu> HBX@psuvm.psu.edu (Terry Harrison 336 Beam BAB 3-3357) writes:
>I am a TeX user under MS-DOS and I constantly find myself flipping through
>the TeXbook to look for a command or the details of its syntax.  I would
>very much like to have a program (or a text file) that had the basics of TeX
>in machine-readable form.  Then when I have a question, I could shell out to
>the program/file, find the answer, and pop back into my editor.  Is there
>anything available either commercially or in the public domain?

Suffering from the same problem, is started doing the following (But have not
completed by any means):

I've got Norton Guides running (it's a PC resident program) and I've added
a TeX topic. In this are currently all items from the index of LaTeX with the
apropriate page. Some of the topics are already "copied/typed" from the
original book. On ocassions I add a few extra, but I need not tell that this
is very cumbersome.
This gives me some help. At least I do not have to go through the index to
find the correct page. If I lucky I even get direct info.

I'm willing to put the sources and the ready to go guide on out anon-ftp.
I'm also willing to receive updates of the sources from people lending a head

Yours,
	Willem Jan Withagen.

PS: Norton Guides is not a PD program :-{

Eindhoven University of Technology   DomainName:  wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl
Digital Systems Group, Room EH 10.10 BITNET: ELEBWJ@HEITUE5.BITNET
P.O. 513                             Tel: +31-40-473401
5600 MB Eindhoven                    The Netherlands