[comp.text.tex] Macintosh drawing program for LaTeX

erikl@milton.u.washington.edu (Erik Larsen) (11/25/90)

Some time ago there was a program on tank.uchicago.edu called
LaGrafix or something like that.  It was similar to MacDraw,
but it generated commands for LaTeX's picture environment.

I can't seem to find it anymore.  Does anyone know where
I can get a copy?

And:

Is there any graphics editor for the Mac that generates Fig
code, or conversion program to convert MacDraw to Fig so
I can use TransFig?

Thanks.

Erik Larsen
erikl@u.washington.edu

phil@waikato.ac.nz (12/13/90)

In article <11633@milton.u.washington.edu>, erikl@milton.u.washington.edu (Erik Larsen) writes:
> Some time ago there was a program on tank.uchicago.edu called
> LaGrafix or something like that.  It was similar to MacDraw,
> but it generated commands for LaTeX's picture environment.
>
> I can't seem to find it anymore.  Does anyone know where
> I can get a copy?
>
> And:
>
> Is there any graphics editor for the Mac that generates Fig
> code, or conversion program to convert MacDraw to Fig so
> I can use TransFig?

How about printing the Mac graphic to a PostScript file then
using a \special to include it?  That's what I do with OzTeX,
and TeX on the VAXen here.  Other Mac TeX implementations make
it even easier, I believe.
--
Phil Etheridge (phil@waikato.ac.nz)                 /\  /\   -+-,--, .--, ._
Computer Services/Mathematics & Statistics         /  \/  \  / /--< /--  /