[comp.text.tex] Page break in a table in LaTeX

msk@thialfi.cs.cornell.edu (Mukkai Krishnamoorthy) (12/13/90)

How do I issue a page break in a table in LaTeX?  The table is about 120
lines long (i.e.., the table extend to more than 2 pages). The solution
I temporarily came up with (by manually inserting \end{tabular} at
the end of each page is not pretty).  Could you please email me
a solution?
Thanks,
Krishnamoorthy

knott@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Thomas Knott) (12/14/90)

In article <49650@cornell.UUCP>, msk@thialfi.cs.cornell.edu (Mukkai Krishnamoorthy) writes:
|> How do I issue a page break in a table in LaTeX?  The table is about 120
|> lines long (i.e.., the table extend to more than 2 pages). The solution
|> I temporarily came up with (by manually inserting \end{tabular} at
|> the end of each page is not pretty).  Could you please email me
|> a solution?

I have the same problem. Could you please send me an solution, too?
(or post it in this group)

1001 thanks

    Thomas

ne201ph@prism.gatech.EDU (Halvorson,Peter J) (12/15/90)

In article <1990Dec13.174018@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE> knott@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Thomas Knott) writes:
>In article <49650@cornell.UUCP>, msk@thialfi.cs.cornell.edu (Mukkai Krishnamoorthy) writes:
>|> How do I issue a page break in a table in LaTeX?  The table is about 120
>|> lines long (i.e.., the table extend to more than 2 pages).
>
>I have the same problem. Could you please send me an solution, too?
>    Thomas

I got a style file called supertab.sty from one of the main ftp sites ( ymir
or clarkson I think).  I haven't tried it yet, but it is for LaTeX and claims
to automatically split long tables.

              Peter Halvorson   --    Nuclear Engineering Program
    uucp:    ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!ne201ph
Internet: ne201ph@prism.gatech.edu  --   peter@fission.gatech.edu