[net.space] Apollo 11 trivia

daemon@decwrl.UUCP (11/11/83)

From: Ed Featherston  HL01-1/P06  225-5241 <roll::featherston>

 Begin Forwarded Message:

Newsgroup : net.space
>From : DVINCI::FISHER

Subj: Apollo 11 Trivia

The computer overload was what caused the "Program Alarms" quite a bit
earlier in the landing sequence.  Armstrong took manual control over the
landing because the computer was pointing them toward an area full of
large boulders.  (This is made clear in the transcript a few minutes after
the small window we have been seeing here).  I don't know if the manual
landing affected what was said just after touchdown, but it sound to me
like just a checklist that Aldrin is reading (is it really Aldrin?...the
NY Times attributed the "Houston, Tranquillity Base here..." speech to
Armstrong.

Does anyone know any inside details on the computer alarm problem, why it
never showed up before, and how it was fixed on later flights?

Burns

		Mail address : ...decvax!decwrl!rhea!dvinci!fisher

 End Forwarded Message

KFL%MIT-MC@sri-unix.UUCP (01/30/84)

From:  Keith F. Lynch <KFL @ MIT-MC>

	From: ihnp4!ihlts!rjnoe @ Ucb-Vax
	Date: 19 Jan 84 15:03:51-PST (Thu)

	I do know that the Apollo 11 U.S. flag was indeed knocked down...

  How is this known?
								...Keith