[comp.text.tex] I need a macro/command for making a C++.

chris@iesd.auc.dk (Christian J. Callsen) (12/13/90)

Hello, (La)Tex-hackers.

I currently have a macro that makes a very nice "C++" in normalsize:
\def\CC{\mbox{C\hspace{-.05em}\raisebox{.4ex}{\tiny\bf ++}\ }}

But as the macro uses \tiny, its unfortunately not "scalable", so that
I could use it in a \chapter{  ..  }.

Does anyone have an idea for making this C++ scaleable ?

-Chris    }B^>
    _____________    : Med Venlig Hilsen & Greetings From
   / ennyn durin \   :
  /* aran moria  *\  :	Chris J. Callsen	[ chris@iesd.auc.dk ]
 /**    . . .    **\ :
"pedo mellon a minno":---------------------------------------------------

jk@cs.man.ac.uk (John Kewley ICL) (12/18/90)

In article <CHRIS.90Dec13081627@omega.iesd.auc.dk> chris@iesd.auc.dk (Christian J. Callsen) writes:

>Hello, (La)Tex-hackers.
>
>I currently have a macro that makes a very nice "C++" in normalsize:
>\def\CC{\mbox{C\hspace{-.05em}\raisebox{.4ex}{\tiny\bf ++}\ }}
>
>But as the macro uses \tiny, its unfortunately not "scalable", so that
>I could use it in a \chapter{  ..  }.
>
>Does anyone have an idea for making this C++ scaleable ?

The following macro is scaleable and IMHO looks a lot better (and
consistent under \bf, \sc and not too bad under \sl and \it than any of the
\raisebox versions, I have seen.

\newcommand{\Cpp}{C{\tt ++}} % C++

It gives a centralised C++ as you see on the front of several of the C++
books on the market including:

	ARM, Primer, Waites, Stroustrup

Contact me with any comments on its suitability please: it would be nice
to know it is been used somewhere in the depths of netland - Last time I
submitted it to these newsgroups, the discussions stopped suddenly, I wasn't
certain if that was beacause people were using my or another macro.

Happy C++ing and (La)TeXing,
        J.K.

John M. Kewley, ICL, Wenlock Way, West Gorton, Manchester. M12 5DR
Tel:   (+44) 61 223 1301 X2138  Email: jk@cs.man.ac.uk / jk@nw.stl.stc.co.uk