[comp.text.tex] Graphics in OzTeX

phil@waikato.ac.nz (12/18/90)

ngin.umich.edu>

In article <HUCKA.90Dec14015932@harrier.engin.umich.edu>, hucka@engin.umich.edu
(Michael Hucka) writes:

> Hmm.  I have not tried MacDraw II or Canvas, but here is how I included
> PostScript produced from some MS Word tables using the command-f trick.  It
> turned out in those cases that the figures were being placed too high (in one
> case it was so high it was off the page).  (I had *assumed* that this was a
> problem specific to the particular postscript files I had -- perhaps it's
> not?)  OzTeX lets you supply arbitrary PostScript code after the file name in
> the \special command.  So I put in something like
> 	\special{filename.ps 0 -250 translate}
> which caused the figure to be shifted 0 points horizontally and -300 points
> vertically, thus lowering it to the proper position.

If you look at the PostScript file, there should be a line saying

%Bounding Box llx lly urx ury

where llx, lly are the coordinates in points of the lower left corner of the
graphic's box and urx, ury the coords of the upper right corner.  The origin is
the lower left corner of the page.  You can use this information to supply
parameters for the translation.  Changing them won't do any good - it's just a
comment for use by other programs -- PostScript's quick way of telling them
what's it's done.

> You're right that this is not as straight-forward as it might be; TeXtures is
> easier.

The OzTeX user manual has a well documented example of how to include graphics.
The graphic is on P2 of the manual.  The doumentation is commented text within
the source file for the manual ("ozuser.tex" in the "LaTeX-files" folder).
--
Phil Etheridge (phil@waikato.ac.nz)                 /\  /\   -+-,--, .--, ._
Computer Services/Mathematics & Statistics         /  \/  \  / /--< /--  /