[comp.text.tex] viewer for vt100

ercu@ucselx.sdsu.edu (Ercument Canver) (12/12/90)

Hi netters,

is there an ftp site where I could get a viewer for a vt100 terminal?

Thanx in advance for your response,

Ercument Canver
e-mail: ercu@ucselx.sdsu.edu
	canver@math.sdsu.edu

wargaski@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Robert E. Wargaski Jr.) (12/12/90)

In article <1990Dec11.184234.23689@ucselx.sdsu.edu>, ercu@ucselx.sdsu.edu (Ercument Canver) writes:

|> is there an ftp site where I could get a viewer for a vt100 terminal?
|>
|> Ercument Canver
|> e-mail: ercu@ucselx.sdsu.edu
|> 	canver@math.sdsu.edu

There's a program called dvi2tty (or dvitty) in the TeX distribution.
Unfortunately, it requires a Pascal compiler :-(  Is there a C version
somewhere (I've been poking around for one for some time and haven't
been able to find one)?

Rob Wargaski

--

Robert E. Wargaski Jr.			 This is stupid. -- Vila
wargaski@nwu.edu			 When did that ever stop us. -- Avon

mroussel@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca (Marc Roussel) (12/13/90)

In article <1831@casbah.acns.nwu.edu> wargaski@nwu.edu writes:
>In article <1990Dec11.184234.23689@ucselx.sdsu.edu>, ercu@ucselx.sdsu.edu
>(Ercument Canver) writes:
>|> is there an ftp site where I could get a viewer for a vt100 terminal?
>
>There's a program called dvi2tty (or dvitty) in the TeX distribution.
>Unfortunately, it requires a Pascal compiler :-(  Is there a C version
>somewhere (I've been poking around for one for some time and haven't
>been able to find one)?

There is a program called dvi2vdu out there that handles a variety of
terminals (VT100, Tek4010, etc.).  It was originally written in modula, but
has been translated to C.  It is available on simtel20 (I think.)

                                Happy hunting.

				Marc R. Roussel
                                mroussel@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca

ng@neutron.mpr.ca (Steve Ng) (12/13/90)

In article <1990Dec12.201458.29145@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca>,
mroussel@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca (Marc Roussel) writes:
|> There is a program called dvi2vdu out there that handles a variety of
|> terminals (VT100, Tek4010, etc.).  It was originally written in modula, but
|> has been translated to C.  It is available on simtel20 (I think.)
|>
|>                                 Happy hunting.
|>
|> 				Marc R. Roussel
|>                                 mroussel@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca

Can somebody tell me the exact ftp site address for the C version dvi2vdu.
Please post the dot address as well. Thanks a lot.

Steve.
Steve Ng              INTERNET: ng@joplin.mpr.ca  or  ng%joplin@cs.ubc.ca
MPR Teltech Ltd.,     UUCP: ...uunet!ubc-cs!joplin!ng
8999 Nelson Way,      CSNET: ng%joplin@ubc.csnet
Burnaby, B.C.,        PHONENET: (604) 293-5463
Canada. (V5A 4B5)     FAX: (604) 293-5787

ken@csis.dit.csiro.au (Ken Yap) (12/17/90)

>There's a program called dvi2tty (or dvitty) in the TeX distribution.
>Unfortunately, it requires a Pascal compiler :-(  Is there a C version
>somewhere (I've been poking around for one for some time and haven't
>been able to find one)?

The dvi2tty is the C version posted sometime ago to comp.sources.misc
and thereafter slightly improved.  See the AFAQ or the supplement
posting for the archive where the sources are kept.

wargaski@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Robert E. Wargaski Jr.) (12/18/90)

In article <1990Dec17.020746.1601@csis.dit.csiro.au>, ken@csis.dit.csiro.au (Ken Yap) writes:

|> The dvi2tty is the C version posted sometime ago to comp.sources.misc
|> and thereafter slightly improved.  See the AFAQ or the supplement
|> posting for the archive where the sources are kept.

I had hunted around in comp.sources.misc, but was unable to find them.
A kind soul in the UK mailed them to me, and I'll do the same for
anyone interested.

Rob Wargaski