[comp.text.tex] Help with dviPS5.4 under MS-DOS

bateman@nsslsun.gcn.uoknor.edu (Monte Bateman) (12/28/90)

Help!  I am using emTeX and am trying to get dviPS 5.4 to work.
dviPS finds the font library files, but I get the error:

   ! Bad PK file : incorrect font library format

Now, in the dviPS documentation, there is a statement:
"dviPS can use emTeX's font libraries, IF the font library is
 built with option /2".  Only one problem.  There isn't any
"option /2" !!

I got this release of dviPS from shape.mps.ohio-state.edu.  It seems
to indeed be v5.4; no mention of 5.4B or 5.4Beta as indicated here
earlier.

Any/all help is *greatly* appreciated!!!

Monte
---

Monte Bateman
bateman @ nsslsun.gcn.uoknor.edu
National Severe Storms Laboratory, Norman, OK!  73069

teexdwu@ioe.lon.ac.uk (DOMINIK WUJASTYK) (12/30/90)

In article <1990Dec28.073259.22081@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> bateman@nsslsun.gcn.uoknor.edu (Monte Bateman) writes:
>Help!  I am using emTeX and am trying to get dviPS 5.4 to work.
>dviPS finds the font library files, but I get the error:
>
>   ! Bad PK file : incorrect font library format
>
>Now, in the dviPS documentation, there is a statement:
>"dviPS can use emTeX's font libraries, IF the font library is
> built with option /2".  Only one problem.  There isn't any
>"option /2" !!

Monte,  your copy of emTeX is slightly out of date.  Eberhard has
updated the fontlib program, and it now supports a new format.
If you get the new fontlib, it comes with a simple batch file
that will update all your *.fli files for you to the new "/2"
format.

Dominik

yjkim@olin.cs.uh.edu (Yeong-Joon Kim) (12/30/90)

In article <1990Dec28.073259.22081@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> bateman@nsslsun.gcn.uoknor.edu (Monte Bateman) writes:

>I got this release of dviPS from shape.mps.ohio-state.edu.  It seems
>to indeed be v5.4; no mention of 5.4B or 5.4Beta as indicated here
>earlier.
>
>Monte

No.
It is an old version(v5.4B or v5.39).
New version(the real v5.4) comes with dvips manual
(not man page but more readable and friendly manual.ps)
and the readme file is slightly different.