[comp.text.tex] Help with emTeX dvibit, please

miorelli@pwa-b.uucp (BoB Miorelli) (01/02/91)

I have been using emTeX on my PC clone and Panasonic KXP-1124 printer
with very good results.  I recently tried printing on fan-fold 6x4 inch
post cards and ran into a problem.  Dvibit uses a form feed to go to
the next page, so the Panasonic moves to the next 11 inch increment.
I tried downloading a file to the printer to set the forms length
to 4 inches, but apparently dvibit resets the printer before sending
the image down to it.  My 4 inch paper settings worked until I tried
to print a dvi file and then the printer reset to 11 inches.  I eventually
set the printer to 8 inch forms on the front panel and printed every
second card, then ran the paper through a second time to print the
cards in between.  Not a neat solution.  Any suggestions on how to
convince dvibit to use 4 inch paper would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Subject: xxx
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tex
Subject: Help with emTeX dvibit, please

--

-->BoB Miorelli, Pratt & Whitney Aircraft
pwa-b!miorelli