From: anji@shakti.ernet.in
Subject: Postscript to LN03
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 90 11:23:41 +0530

Mr Chan,

You have probably already got a reply to your posting, but in
case you have not here is some info.

We have LN03s on which we print postscript files. There is an
upgrade for the standard LN03 which you can get from DEC for
this. Please let me know if you would like more information -
I can try to find out and send it to you.

Date: Sat, 29 Dec 90 22:44:15 -0800
From: Larry Setlow <pjt@cpac.washington.edu>

.. (quotation deleted)

I'm sure DEC has one, and they'd be happy to sell it to you in the
form of an LN03R upgrade for your LN03S.  Your next best bet is the
FSF's Ghostscript, which I am virtually certain does not do LN03, so
it's not a very good bet at all.

Subject: Re: PostScript to LN03
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 91 10:51:33 +1100
From: ken@tucana.csis.dit.csiro.au

.. (quotation deleted)

I doubt it. PS is a full featured programming language and an emulator
to convert to LN03 format would have to complex. The nearest thing
might be something called ghostscript from GNU to generate a bitmap
from PS input. Would need lots of memory (and time) for the laser
bitmap though.

Date: Wed, 2 Jan 91 08:42:18 PST
From: "Jim Sherwin, VIPS PBU Finance, DTN 235-8041"
Subject: RE: PostScript on an LN03+

	You should look into a DEC product named "DECprint Utility for
	PostScript to Sixel...". Part numbers are:

	License		QL-VZPA9-PB	1-concurrent user
	Media & Doc's	QA-VZPA9-H5	(TK50 media)
			QA-VZPA9-HM	(MagTape media)

	Usable on a dedicated printer (i.e. printer port) or queueable
	device.

	Able to do color PS to a color sixel printer (e.g. LJ250/LJ252)

	Not recommended for high volume PS throughput.

	Hope this helps.

	Jim