[comp.text.tex] Need HELP w/ DVItoVDU & DVItoLN03 on VAX/VMS!

tgcpwd@rwa.urc.tue.nl (Wim van Dorst) (01/06/91)

In article <1991Jan5.115717.409@iowasp.physics.uiowa.edu> dyson@iowasp.physics.uiowa.edu (Rick Dyson) writes:
>    The program has worked excellently for awhile now, but a user has
>come to me with a problem I am unable to solve.  The problem is that
>sometimes DVItoVDU can't find the dummy font.

I have similar problems with DVItoLN03, which probably uses the same
logarithm (both programs are made at RMCS). DVItoLN03, also from the Decus
tapes, did not work from the start 'because it couldn't find the font
it wants'. Then I twiggled with the PK_DIR logical, and perhaps some
other thing and I changed the definition of PK_DIR to /trans=conc, and
Hoppa: it worked. Then yesterday the Vax crashed (dunno Y) and rebooted
and I had to start all over again, but to no avail: It still doesn't work.

Thinking that DVItoVDU, which uses exactly the same qualifiers, might give
the same problems I tried that, but no problem there: That one works.

So I have another problem as Rick, which really look quite similar.
Any good hints, please?

I have communicated with Brian Hamilton Kelly, who wrote DVItoLN03, but
as this problem seems deeper we might as well discuss it here. Brian,
given this info, do you have any more ideas?

Met vriendelijke groeten, Wim `Blue Baron' van Dorst

Blue Baron = Wim van Dorst, Voice (+31) 074-443937, (+31) 02152-42319
(-:       baron@wiesje.hobby.nl           tgcpwd@urc.tue.nl       :-)