[comp.text.tex] A question about dvips54 on MSDOS

yjkim@viking.cs.uh.edu (01/10/91)

I installed dvips with emTeX  on MSDOS and have some problems.
I use pk files instead of *.fli provided with emTeX package.
I set the config.ps file appropriately.
The problem is that dvips complains that it cannot find cmr12.300pk,
.... and so on. MessDOS cannot have file names like those.
I saved all the pk files in directory c:\texfonts\300, .... and so on.
Am I missing something or
did the person who ported dvips to MessDOS mess it ?

Thanks in advance.

naras@stat.uucp (B. Narasimhan) (01/11/91)

In article <1991Jan10.065708.9662@menudo.uh.edu> yjkim@viking.cs.uh.edu () writes:
>I installed dvips with emTeX  on MSDOS and have some problems.
>I use pk files instead of *.fli provided with emTeX package.
>I set the config.ps file appropriately.
>The problem is that dvips complains that it cannot find cmr12.300pk,
>.... and so on. MessDOS cannot have file names like those.
>I saved all the pk files in directory c:\texfonts\300, .... and so on.
>Am I missing something or
>did the person who ported dvips to MessDOS mess it ?

Yes, you are missing something; no, there is no mess here.
If you read dvips.doc, you'll find that
there is a way to specify the font file name. For example, my config.ps
has the following line:

P c:\texfonts\%d\%f.%p

The %p is replaced by pk; %d refers to the dpi; and %f is replaced by the
font name.

If this doesn't work you should try
dvips -d -1 <dvifilename>
to get all debugging info. This will tell you exactly what's going on.

B. Narasimhan         Supercomputer Computations Research Institute &
naras@stat.fsu.edu    Dept. of Statistics, FSU, Tallahassee, FL 32306.