[comp.text.tex] troff -ms to latex conversion?

guido@cwi.nl (Guido van Rossum) (01/12/91)

Earlier today I wrote:

>[...]  Does anyone have a tool that
>helps in conversion of troff -ms documents to latex?

It seems tr2tex does the biggest part of the job, at least for some
people.  In my case I am using so many special macros that I had to
write a sed script anyway.

I also received this reply (haven't checked these out yet):

>Try looking for tr2latex, probably at labrea.stanford.edu or
>june.cs.washinton.edu or elsewhere.  Rumor has it that it was also
>in comp.sources.unix, volume 10.  There is also troff-to-latex,
>available at wsmr-simtel20.army.mil I'm led to believe.

Thanks to all respondents (two here at CWI, blush, blush...)
--
Guido van Rossum, CWI, Amsterdam <guido@cwi.nl>
"Repo Man's got all night, *every* night"