[comp.text.tex] Need Help converting MS-Word to LaTeX

lengewit@natalie.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Peter Lengewitz) (01/10/91)

Hello out there.

I need help, converting PC files written with
MS Word (5.0) into LaTeX files.

Is there any such program available (PD or Shareware) ?

(I saw such a converting program for PC-Write to TeX in
this group ?!)

If you have such a program or any hints in solving this
problem, please post it (i think it would be of general
interest) or email it to me.

                              Thanks in advance.

                                         Peter Lengewitz

                                     (University of Dortmund)

E-Mail: lengewit@else.informatik.uni-dortmund.de

hls@rwthbs.uucp (H.L. Stahl) (01/10/91)

In article <2920@laura.UUCP> lengewit@natalie.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Peter Lengewitz) writes:
 > I need help, converting PC files written with
 > MS Word (5.0) into LaTeX files.
 > please post it (i think it would be of general
 > interest) or email it to me.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES! Please post it or email to me, too!
Thanks,
	Hans-Ludwig Stahl

 |  _      : Hans-Ludwig Stahl, Lehrstuhl fuer Betriebssysteme, RWTH Aachen
 |_|_`__   : Kopernikusstr. 16, D-5100 Aachen, ..49-(0)241-804374
   | |__)  : Domain:  hls@informatik.rwth-aachen.de
     |__)  : uucp:    ...!{seismo,mcvax,uunet}!unido!rwthinf!hls

teexdwu@ioe.lon.ac.uk (DOMINIK WUJASTYK) (01/13/91)

In article <2920@laura.UUCP> lengewit@natalie.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Peter Lengewitz) writes:
>I need help, converting PC files written with
>MS Word (5.0) into LaTeX files.
>
>Is there any such program available (PD or Shareware) ?

No, not at present, as far as I know.  The only PD program going
from a word processing program to TeX is for WordPerfect 5.0.  So
you could pick that up (WP2LATEX, available from the standard
TeX archives) and convert your Word document into WP 5.0 using
one of the many commercially available file conversion
programs.

A PCWrite 2.22 -> TeX program was released on the net a few
days ago.  It is simple and useful, if you use PCW 2.2.

The file format of XyWrite (and NotaBene) is very easy to work
with, and in many ways it is similar to (La)TeX.  I find that
a small set of XyWrite macros is all I need to convert to
LaTeX.

Dominik